VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

Dual Master cylinder template please

equium
    equium

Number of posts : 107
    Registration date : 2011-04-25

Dual Master cylinder template please Empty Dual Master cylinder template please

Post by equium Sat May 18, 2013 11:32 am

Guys, I'm so sorry for taking up a post. I can not find the cutting template to make room for the dual MC on my '64. I've been searching for a while but i'm not seeing it.
    I finally got a chance to start the disc conversion.
    thanks
    danny
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8731
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Dual Master cylinder template please Empty Re: Dual Master cylinder template please

Post by dix Sat May 18, 2013 11:44 am

not a problem ask away. there is no templete. we had photo's up you have to study the photo and kind of just start cutting , the top is very close with the bail (it holds the lid in place) once you have it dry fitted draw a line up top and make the access plate a little bigger. then reinstall and hook up the lines . it takes a little time but well worth it. .. http://www.flickr.com/photos/scottie8door/3943550884/in/set-72157619785120809
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8731
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Dual Master cylinder template please Empty Re: Dual Master cylinder template please

Post by dix Sat May 18, 2013 11:45 am

also make sure you bench bleed it master before you install it.

Number of posts : 107
    Registration date : 2011-04-25

Post by equium Sat May 18, 2013 11:59 am

thanks Dix. that is what i needed. I did not know about trimming the bracket where the MC goes; glad i asked.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 1:23 am