VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

5 posters

1961 e-truck new to forum, just bought, lots of pics

1961 e-truck new to forum, just bought, lots of pics Empty 1961 e-truck new to forum, just bought, lots of pics

Post by Guest Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:39 pm

Hello everyone,
    My name is Rick, i live in north plainfield new jersey and i just bought this gem. well to me anyway. i drove about 2.5 hours away, to a suburb about a 30 minutes outside of philly to pick it up and trailered it home.
    As of now besides body work i need to replace the gas tank, it doesnt have one. and need to replace accelerator pump (rebuild carb). as far as the body goes, i plan on tackling the rockers first and then going from there. i need weatherstripping for both door windows inside and out and am also missing a back window rail on driver side. if anyone can point me in the right direction or has a window rail please contact me. motor is 170 ci w/ 3 on the tree.

your thoughts and advice would be greatly appreciated. All in all i think it could be a solid runner but most of the panels are going to need some work for sure. what do you think about painting the undercarriage or what type of prepping is done to avoid any more rust from forming?

G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

1961 e-truck new to forum, just bought, lots of pics Empty Re: 1961 e-truck new to forum, just bought, lots of pics

Post by G-Man Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:41 pm

Welcome!!! Nice project there. You have the tailgate a major plus
    vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14775
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

1961 e-truck new to forum, just bought, lots of pics Empty Re: 1961 e-truck new to forum, just bought, lots of pics

Post by vanny Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:32 pm

Welcome to VV Rick! Nice pickup project. Keep the pics coming as you progress. Lots of Econoline people willing to help here. If you're looking for parts there is a section in the forum to post the parts you are looking for.

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    Big W
    Big W

Number of posts : 3282
    Registration date : 2011-01-13

Post by Big W Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:32 pm

Welcome to VV rickmodee. HAHA...I was going to say "you have the tail gate" but G-man beat me to it. Truck looks nice, and body panels can be found to fix that issue. post what you need and the folks in here will steer you in the right direction. Lots of great help in here...congrats.
    Gothboy
    Gothboy

Number of posts : 714
    Registration date : 2012-07-02

Post by Gothboy Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:08 am

Wow! Nice looking overall! Welcome!
    Carl

Number of posts : 143
    Registration date : 2011-01-25

1961 e-truck new to forum, just bought, lots of pics Empty weatherstripping

Post by Carl Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:17 pm

Can get that for the front doors from www.macsautoparts.com pick 1961-1967 Econoline, and in there pick "weatherstripping" -have "Delux Belt Weatherstripping Kit.

Post by Guest Mon May 06, 2013 5:36 pm

alright ordered new deluxe weatherstripping, next is mustang 20 gallon tank and sending unit. ill post up some pics soon

Post by Guest Tue May 07, 2013 5:59 pm

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1969-MUSTANG-GAS-TANK-KIT-COMPLETE-AMERICAN-MADE-/230845700381?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A1969%7CModel%3AMustang&hash=item35bf79d91d&vxp=mtr

if anyone else is in the market, i found a decent deal on a gas tank and sending unit for 150 shipped from these guys. made in america just not usa, ie canada

Post by Guest Sun May 12, 2013 7:21 pm

I just picked up a '65 with similar body issues. What's the best way to tackle rockers in your situation?

Post by Guest Mon May 13, 2013 3:43 am

Spinnacak wrote:I just picked up a '65 with similar body issues. What's the best way to tackle rockers in your situation?
    macs auto parts sells rockers sheet metal. So cut out patch and weld that baby in.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:48 am