VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

5 posters

saw these a couple of months ago at ecology in oceanside

stabbinwagon
    stabbinwagon

Number of posts : 104
    Registration date : 2011-10-07

saw these a couple of months ago at ecology in oceanside Empty saw these a couple of months ago at ecology in oceanside

Post by stabbinwagon Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:47 am

[img]saw these a couple of months ago at ecology in oceanside Dodvan10[/img][img]saw these a couple of months ago at ecology in oceanside Chevva10[/img]
    I pulled the axle form the chevy just before they closed came back for the front axle on the dodge and more ,but they had sent them both to the crusher:(
    campin'fool 2
    campin'fool 2

Number of posts : 252
    Registration date : 2013-02-02

saw these a couple of months ago at ecology in oceanside Empty Re: saw these a couple of months ago at ecology in oceanside

Post by campin'fool 2 Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:09 am

At least you were able to save something...I hate to see them go to the crusher.

Joel
    RodStRace
    RodStRace

Number of posts : 3046
    Registration date : 2010-01-21

saw these a couple of months ago at ecology in oceanside Empty Re: saw these a couple of months ago at ecology in oceanside

Post by RodStRace Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:05 am

For the next time, if you want to save stuff for yourself and others, trim is always good to grab.
    Also, steering columns, axles, original 15" wheels, seats, non-rusty doors, radiators, and speedo and throttle cables.
    These are the easier things to unbolt. Motor mount brackets, wiring, doghouses, pop out windows and any good aftermarket windows, mags, also can sell easy and keep another on the road.
    stabbinwagon
    stabbinwagon

Number of posts : 104
    Registration date : 2011-10-07

Post by stabbinwagon Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:17 am

i had every intention to pull as much as possible,,,but they were out of the yard the very next day,,I even went to their crusher yard across the highway....they basically told me to go kick rocks....i'm on the hunt for front straight axles i started building a jig to drop my evan axle and figured i might aswell do em all,,two years ago I closed down my fabrication business and sold off some accounts but kept all of my equipment(except for the welder I traded for my van)..any how I have all the sh%t to do it,,except for the spare axles to dial in the geometry .
    bugeye bob
    bugeye bob

Number of posts : 383
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

Post by bugeye bob Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:55 am

our pull a part yards keep vintage vehicle longer than the newer ones even have their own rows. i went back in the summer and they had a A100 with a nice rear bumper but i had a socket for every nut but that one, a month and half later i went back and van and bumper was still there - yeah took almost a hour of wd40 and banging but i got a nice bumper for $40. bucks.
    Nightmoves
    Nightmoves

Number of posts : 2214
    Registration date : 2008-11-17

Post by Nightmoves Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:44 pm

Good score Bob.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 10:02 pm