VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

5 posters

DUEL MASTER CLYINDER CONVERSION

Joe Van
    Joe Van
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 4619
    Registration date : 2012-10-11

DUEL MASTER CLYINDER CONVERSION Empty DUEL MASTER CLYINDER CONVERSION

Post by Joe Van Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:07 am

Just finished the Duel Master Conversion what a Awesome upgrade it took about 6 hours but if you take your time it looks factory thanks for everyone's help and pictures also got the motor to sit straighter the trans needed to be raised a half inch. the inch or two I thought would have been way too much.Now I will start saving for the rear tires and rims.
    millwright71
    millwright71

Number of posts : 531
    Registration date : 2012-05-28

DUEL MASTER CLYINDER CONVERSION Empty Progress

Post by millwright71 Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:52 pm

Sounds like some good progress being made! Keep up the good work, it will be well worth it.

Tom
    sandyvan
    sandyvan

Number of posts : 526
    Registration date : 2011-03-13

DUEL MASTER CLYINDER CONVERSION Empty Re: DUEL MASTER CLYINDER CONVERSION

Post by sandyvan Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:14 pm

What, no pictures of the new system???
    Big W
    Big W

Number of posts : 3282
    Registration date : 2011-01-13

Post by Big W Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:54 pm

Pics...or it never happened...lol.Razz
    Joe Van
    Joe Van
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

DUEL MASTER CLYINDER CONVERSION Empty DUEL MASTER

Post by Joe Van Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:46 am

My wife has problems down loading pictures on to her older coumputer but now I will try to download them my selph. Plus I am new on this site and still haveing problems figureing out how to post pictures.

Last edited by joe argana on Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
    sandyvan
    sandyvan

Number of posts : 526
    Registration date : 2011-03-13

Post by sandyvan Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:47 pm

He is just joking around, that's why he put the smiley face and LOL (laughing out loud). "Pics...or it never happened" is a common internet forum reply when people talk about stuff and don't post pictures. I think it came about because with camera phones, people started posting photos of everything, so now everyone expects it.

I went to Napa yesterday and ordered all the parts for my dual master upgrade, now gotta find a weekend to do it. So if you post pictures it might give a new twist on what everyone else has done. I think most people on this site have a Photobucket membership, that site is pretty easy to upload and store fotos, then you just paste in a link to your photo using the upper right hand Insert Image button on this Vintage-Vans posting screen.
    Joe Van
    Joe Van
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

DUEL MASTER CLYINDER CONVERSION Empty Duel master

Post by Joe Van Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:01 pm

SORRY Big W I read it a couple of times and it sank in. I am stuck in the 70's and not up to date with the coumputer thing. The conversion is not difficult the hardest part is getting fluid through the new lines. I will take some pictures today after work and they will be posted some where on this web site THANKS...........JOE VAN.................
    Big W
    Big W

Post by Big W Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:57 pm

It's all good Joe...No harm No fowl. I no a lot of people have had trouble posting pics. If you want I would be more them happy to post them for you if you want to e mail them to me and I could throw them up for you untill you get the posting thing figured out. And Hey...Friends don't need to apologise.DUEL MASTER CLYINDER CONVERSION Beer10
    Big W
    Big W

Post by Big W Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:56 pm

Here are Joe's pics of his conversion...DUEL MASTER CLYINDER CONVERSION Joe_1_10DUEL MASTER CLYINDER CONVERSION Joe_2_10DUEL MASTER CLYINDER CONVERSION Joe_3_10DUEL MASTER CLYINDER CONVERSION Joe_4_10DUEL MASTER CLYINDER CONVERSION Joe_5_10....If you have more send them on if you still need to, and I will be happy to post them....big W
    Joe Van
    Joe Van
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

DUEL MASTER CLYINDER CONVERSION Empty Re duel master

Post by Joe Van Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:44 pm

THANKS BIG W after 2 hours of trying and my wife ready to strangle me I had to give up for the night we will eventually figure it out. I had to get a little creative with the one line coming out of the master because of the E brake cable runs between them and did not want to re flair any lines. I used the factory 1/4 inch line to the rear one 1/4 connector and a 3/16 plug where it split to the front.and ran 1/4 to the t fitting and split it with 3-16 line to each front wheel. All I have now is the sway bar to deal with witch a 2 inch spacer will work perfect except someone welded one inch long studs in the holes %#@$#@*.So a easy solution is 2 inch square stock maby 1/4 thick bolt the top from the inside and bolt the sway bar to the bottom I am going to register the van tomorrow or Thursday so all the other bugs will haft to be worked out down the road............................JOE VAN.................
    Digz
    Digz

Number of posts : 3794
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by Digz Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:32 am

The reason they welded them in may be that the holes were there but not the threads. I have one here like that.
    Joe Van
    Joe Van
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

DUEL MASTER CLYINDER CONVERSION Empty Re duel master clyinder

Post by Joe Van Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:11 am

Leave it to me to find a odd one my first thought was cut the studs off drill and re tap the holes but sounded like a lot of work with limited space so I decided to work with what was there.On my lunch break I will go to the welding shop and get some square stock and try to make over to the DMV I am getting axious to drive RED RYDER.....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 1:18 pm