VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

1st Gen G-10 Shop Manuals and other literature

1st Gen G-10 Shop Manuals and other literature Empty 1st Gen G-10 Shop Manuals and other literature

Post by Guest Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:27 pm

Hi all! Heading back down to look at my 66 G-10 tomorrow. Have to see what its going to take to bring it home. Maybe get a few pics to post also?
    Is there a source to get new or good used shop manuals and/or parts books. Also, are there any companies out there that reproduces parts for our vans? I'm really looking forward to jumping into this project and hope many of you can point me in the right direction. I'm also hoping that some of my Corvair parts will interchange with the G-10. Weatherstrips are going to be big on my list, as most of mine are dried out badly. Anyone have a really good used antenna? The lead is there, but the base and mast is missing.
    Wish I had a better idea of when the last time it ran. I do know that the motor does turn, but I wouldn't dare try to start it without prepping the engine first. Oil change, fresh gas, and such. Man, I'm just stoked to get started on it!! Bet I don't sleep much either! Later! I'm going to ebay and see what I can find!!!
    wideload
    wideload
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 1388
    Registration date : 2008-05-11

1st Gen G-10 Shop Manuals and other literature Empty Re: 1st Gen G-10 Shop Manuals and other literature

Post by wideload Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:35 pm

Kelly check out the main links page of the web site. You'll find links to most of the reproduced stuff there.

vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14775
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

1st Gen G-10 Shop Manuals and other literature Empty Re: 1st Gen G-10 Shop Manuals and other literature

Post by vanny Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:44 pm

Congrats Kelly, like a kid in a Candy Store! drunken
    Please post pics when you can...Please and Thanks!

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    millwright71
    millwright71

Number of posts : 531
    Registration date : 2012-05-28

Post by millwright71 Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:55 pm

The antenna parts are hard to find. I searched eBay for quite a while before finding one.

Tom
    Joe Van
    Joe Van
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 4619
    Registration date : 2012-10-11

1st Gen G-10 Shop Manuals and other literature Empty Re 1st gen parts

Post by Joe Van Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:41 am

You can find a lot of manuals and literature at the big car show events take a ride to FL for the turkey run in DAYTONA fl about 5000 cars and tons of parts we also have the spring show that is coming up also some of the big flea markets have a lot of manuals and brosures as far as the antenna the 1966 Chevy 2 nova has the same antenna and is available from YEAR ONE or any classic car resto stores if you keep checking the VV site regularly you will eventually find all the parts you need I also found some brochures for my 66 GMC on E bay but you have to check every day because they are not for sale long............ good luck.................

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 3:56 am