VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

5 posters

V8 Doghouse Pattern for cutting....

ChevyVanMan1

Number of posts : 425
    Registration date : 2009-07-19

V8 Doghouse Pattern for cutting.... Empty V8 Doghouse Pattern for cutting....

Post by ChevyVanMan1 Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:02 pm

Anybody have a V8 stock doghouse sitting around that they could trace me a pattern?

Hopefully of the outline of the outside of the doghouse (where it meets the deck). I'd be happy to send a big sheet of kraft paper in a tube with a magic marker and, of course, return postage. And happy to compensate for the hassle.

I think I'll be ready to repower my '65 before I actually secure a new V8 doghouse (actually I want to put in a V6 I have sitting around) since they are hard to find and expensive to ship. Figure by the time I get it installed I'll get lucky and find one closer to home. That way I can get going on the project.

Also, I assume, if I line up the parking break hole everything else should line up too. Please tell me if this is incorrect. Also, I've thought of just flaring the current doghouse as I've seen in searching for ideas yet would like to keep it all okak to fit a V8 doghouse IF I ever find one.

Thanks guys, Mark

vanner68
    vanner68

Number of posts : 655
    Registration date : 2008-09-22

V8 Doghouse Pattern for cutting.... Empty Re: V8 Doghouse Pattern for cutting....

Post by vanner68 Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:19 pm

Digz did a nice custom doghouse, he has pics posted either here or at VCVC.
    ChevyVanMan1

Number of posts : 425
    Registration date : 2009-07-19

V8 Doghouse Pattern for cutting.... Empty Re: V8 Doghouse Pattern for cutting....

Post by ChevyVanMan1 Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:01 am

Thanks. I wish I had half of Digz's skill in doing his project. He did a superb job. Am thinking of a custom doghouse if need be. However, as I don't like cutting a stock vehicle, would like to cut a hole to fit the stock V8 housing anyway. I know the 65 didn't come with a V8 housing yet I'd still like to make the hole fit incase I can find a decent doghouse. Thanks again.
    HandiVanMan
    HandiVanMan

Number of posts : 1868
    Registration date : 2010-04-11

Post by HandiVanMan Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:55 pm

Someone had a 2nd gen dog house, radiator & expansion tank for sale I think on here in the parts for sale fourm a while back.
    Digz
    Digz

Number of posts : 3794
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by Digz Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:56 pm

Ive got two 2nd gen DH's sitting out now, I dont have any paper that size right now or id just send it to you. Shoot me a PM and if you want to send the paper I'll gitter done. I cant tell you anything on positioning much as I have yet to do anything normal with a DH. This is where Gman had the cut before I hacked on it some more for a reference on width anyway.
    V8 Doghouse Pattern for cutting.... Mm_in10
    You will have to do some tail trimming on some of the floor ribs to get a flat surface.
    COMSTOCK_108
    COMSTOCK_108

Number of posts : 16
    Registration date : 2012-03-10

Post by COMSTOCK_108 Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:19 pm

I still have these parts for sale:
    V8 dog house with lid
    radiator with trans cooler
    fan shroud
    expansion tank
    steering column for 3 speed auto
    misc. other stuff I will post soon
    comstock_108
    r.b.prince@att.net

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 10:32 pm