VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+5
back2thewoods
fmc56
Digz
SuperJason
gearheadflicks
9 posters

HOW TO : Interior Paneling and headliner - Anybody?

gearheadflicks
    gearheadflicks

Number of posts : 32
    Registration date : 2012-04-19

HOW TO : Interior Paneling and headliner  - Anybody? Empty HOW TO : Interior Paneling and headliner - Anybody?

Post by gearheadflicks Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:58 pm

Does anybody have a good "How To" on making nice interior panels that are padded or vinyl covered and properly attached?

How about headliner?

If somebody has a full interior you should sell paper templates of the panels!
    SuperJason
    SuperJason

Number of posts : 95
    Registration date : 2011-10-03

HOW TO : Interior Paneling and headliner  - Anybody? Empty Re: HOW TO : Interior Paneling and headliner - Anybody?

Post by SuperJason Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:27 am

I'm slowly planning to create interior panels and a headline of my window van. I don't have templates or plans or anything useful though.
    gearheadflicks
    gearheadflicks

Number of posts : 32
    Registration date : 2012-04-19

HOW TO : Interior Paneling and headliner  - Anybody? Empty Re: HOW TO : Interior Paneling and headliner - Anybody?

Post by gearheadflicks Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:03 am

awesome name Super Jason
    Digz
    Digz

Number of posts : 3794
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by Digz Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:08 pm

Check out some of the threads in the forum.
    https://vintage-vans.forumotion.com/f44-interiors
    Lots of info and ideas
    fmc56
    fmc56

Number of posts : 553
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Post by fmc56 Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:26 am

Simplest headliner can be done with 60" wide fabric by glueing it to the perimeter of the roof and across the support ribs. Also glued to the front under the windsheild rubber. The side panels will cover the edge around the perimeter and you can add trim moldings at the support ribs to hold it up in the center. I have done several that way. If you can't get 60" wide fabric you can use a narrower fabric and seam it at the support ribs. The grey haedliner is done with 60" fabric and wood trim, the white headliner was done with 54" vinyl with seams under the polished aluminum trim at the support ribs. I also added some extra ribs to the white one.
    Fred
    HOW TO : Interior Paneling and headliner  - Anybody? Ed_smi10
    HOW TO : Interior Paneling and headliner  - Anybody? Dsc03610
    HOW TO : Interior Paneling and headliner  - Anybody? 8-27-210
    back2thewoods
    back2thewoods

Number of posts : 842
    Registration date : 2008-05-26

Post by back2thewoods Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:18 am

as always nice work fred
    Hellfish

Number of posts : 146
    Registration date : 2011-03-01

Post by Hellfish Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:31 am

Taht white headliner is gorgeous!
    Mr.Fister
    Mr.Fister

Number of posts : 27
    Registration date : 2011-10-07

Post by Mr.Fister Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:05 pm

HOW TO : Interior Paneling and headliner  - Anybody? 536653_10151318538415879_64499199_n

i just put one in the truck from stuff i picked up at home depot for less than $20..a lot better than it did look!
    Vanner63
    Vanner63

Number of posts : 235
    Registration date : 2010-11-11

Post by Vanner63 Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:08 am

I swear Fred, God certainly gave you a gift. Your interiors are super sweet. One day when I get the funds together I'm going to have to bring my Pickup up north and have you fix it right.
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Post by Twinpilot001 Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:09 am

Great help =Fred = Where do u get the small netal strips used for the headliner-across the top =side to side ?? Steel or alu??
    fmc56
    fmc56

Number of posts : 553
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Post by fmc56 Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:21 am

Twinpilot001 wrote:Great help =Fred = Where do u get the small netal strips used for the headliner-across the top =side to side ?? Steel or alu??
    They are aluminum "C" shaped moldings that are made for adding vinyl tops to cars without them. They are available through any automotive vinyl/fabric supplier or trim shop. They also snap on to the rain gutter of an early Econoline.
    Fred

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:10 pm