VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

5 posters

Custom Tail Lignts..Any direct swap ideas?

born2late

Number of posts : 45
    Registration date : 2010-07-02

Custom Tail Lignts..Any direct swap ideas? Empty Custom Tail Lignts..Any direct swap ideas?

Post by born2late Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:09 am

I am headed to Hershey this week looking for tail lamp buckets/lenses. Anyone swap to something cool? I have no buckets or lenses....

Custom Tail Lignts..Any direct swap ideas? Empty Re: Custom Tail Lignts..Any direct swap ideas?

Post by Guest Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:38 pm

If ya need them stock buckets.... lemme know.
    agentwilliams
    agentwilliams

Number of posts : 71
    Registration date : 2012-03-10

Custom Tail Lignts..Any direct swap ideas? Empty Re: Custom Tail Lignts..Any direct swap ideas?

Post by agentwilliams Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:08 pm

These fit, with minor filing to the inside lip - nothing visible has to be modified, and it's minor... and they're cheap as shit.
    cheap aftermarket taillights

See toward the bottom of the page here for them installed on my pristine A108: taillights
    Haha!

Post by Guest Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:04 pm

Oh yeah looks good. I think Harbor Freight has them too. I have also seen an LED version of those too, also at Harbor Freight.
    Digz
    Digz

Number of posts : 3794
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by Digz Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:19 pm

I have seen the sealed plastic units like a semi trailer might have used also. That also requires a small amount of trimming to open the hole up for the grommet.

Post by Guest Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:20 am

When I needed lens, I just used trailer light lens from Carquest. I can't speak for the housings, but the lens fit what I had so I don't see why you can't/couldn't use them.
    Stoopid john
    Stoopid john

Number of posts : 265
    Registration date : 2011-06-03

Post by Stoopid john Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:59 pm

I have the cheap Harbor Freight LED lights

Custom Tail Lignts..Any direct swap ideas? Normal_100_2565
    born2late

Post by born2late Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:33 am

I have the big truck buckets and lenses in it now but not happy with the look. I will also have to trim the bucket O.D. to make room for paint in the recess as it is a tight fit now. I was kinda hoping I could swap in a lense with a bullet protrusion of some kind that would be kinda 60's retro. Think Ford Galaxy tail lights on a smaller scale. If I find anything at Hershey, I will post it up.
    born2late

Post by born2late Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:23 am

good day at Hershey yesterday!!! 1954 ford tail light lenses and possibly buckets look like they will work. They are way cooler that the stock or big truck ones. Pix coming when I mock them up.
    gotavan
    gotavan

Number of posts : 242
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by gotavan Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:59 pm

I went to Hershey again Tues. and got back this morning. I sold a bunch of stuff. I started going to Hershey in 1972 and have had spaces there many years.
    Custom Tail Lignts..Any direct swap ideas? Hershey2
    this old van was in the same field (Chocolate) that I was in this week.
    born2late

Post by born2late Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:50 am

cool window van. Missed it on my hike through the chocolate field. Only saw one A100 pickup in the ground I covered. Talked to the old timer that had the truck and he must have had 10 offers on it during the 10 minutes I spent talking to him. He said he gets about a hundred a day at Hershey. Guess I wont have any trouble selling mine should the need arise.....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 1:26 am