VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

It causes me mental anguish every time I look over the site!!!

It causes me mental anguish every time I look over the site!!! Empty It causes me mental anguish every time I look over the site!!!

Post by Guest Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:43 pm

Don't get me wrong. I love this site. Mostly for its wealth of otherwise un-obtainable information. However, it is just that wich causes brain frying overload. I drive my 65' every day. I constantly hear new noises or rattles. I look back through posts that describe the problems and usually the fixes to them.The problem is I know what needs to be done as well as about how much it will cost to fix. Now I have to drive around, hear the noise and grit my teeth cause I KNOW WHATS WRONG!!! UGGH!!
    My gas tank almost fell out last week due to a broken tank strap. I just put a ratchet tie down on it for now. Does anyone make an aftermarket strap for a 65 or are they unifit? Oh, Thanks for letting me know what that whirling sound is in the rear. DAMN IT!! Kinda hard to ignore now!!! More fried brain for me please.
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

It causes me mental anguish every time I look over the site!!! Empty Re: It causes me mental anguish every time I look over the site!!!

Post by G-Man Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:59 pm

Bigb You're in luck. We have a guy here that makes them out of SS. They are better than stock. You need to contact gotavanz in a PM or make a post to him.
    PolarBear2
    PolarBear2

Number of posts : 183
    Registration date : 2008-05-16

It causes me mental anguish every time I look over the site!!! Empty Re: It causes me mental anguish every time I look over the site!!!

Post by PolarBear2 Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:32 pm

Yep, their nice!! Usually has a set on eBay but I didn't see any just now.

Last edited by PolarBear2 on Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:25 am; edited 1 time in total
    gotavan
    gotavan

Number of posts : 242
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by gotavan Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:57 pm

Yes I have some made,and it's true I don't have any listed on epay. I like to get 35 bucks for a set. I'm layed off from work so I got time to make van stuff.
    It causes me mental anguish every time I look over the site!!! Straps10
    straps on bicycle rim I made. I had a few rust out back in the 1970's when I drove the vans everyday in the winter, I had a friend who had a tank drop on a Dodge van on the freeway pulling a trailer full of antique toys, everything burned to the ground.
    It causes me mental anguish every time I look over the site!!! Hooker10
    heres what the other end looks like, save your adjustable hooks if you can. The rusty ones are originals.

Post by Guest Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:56 pm

Actually i bought universal straps for my a100 from Napa and to be honest been a little to sick to get tank in and hooked up. They look to fit anything and everything...soon as im better, find my camera, and grab a picture...ill try to post up a picture.

Post by Guest Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:43 pm

Hope you get well soon man.

Gotavan...would you be willing to make SS straps for the A-vans?
    DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Number of posts : 7900
    Registration date : 2008-10-08

Post by DanTheVanMan Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:06 am

Bigb,
    If you do a search in the Forums you can find just about anything you need or need to know. This is the best resource website out there. Help, get help and to find stuff you need. All you have to do is search. And if you can't find it, ask and you shall receive........

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

It causes me mental anguish every time I look over the site!!! Qr_cod10

<-<-<- Cruising is not a "Point A to Point B" thing, but an "Everything in between thing!  <-<-<-

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:56 am