VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

Great site for full time Vandwellers, etc....!!!!

Great site for full time Vandwellers, etc....!!!! Empty Great site for full time Vandwellers, etc....!!!!

Post by Guest Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:23 am

Found this site and has some great ideas for interiors and if you want to live out of your van or just be stealthy with the van.... Has instructions for solar panels, batteries, etc.....
    Found some articles really good!!!

http://cheaprvliving.com/index.html

Great site for full time Vandwellers, etc....!!!! Empty Re: Great site for full time Vandwellers, etc....!!!!

Post by Guest Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:01 am

"How to convert a van" has some great ideas for setting one up as a camper, although it's a newer van, it could very easily be a vintage van... Not sure how many people are into doing this like I am, but wanted to put it out there.... My main reason is for easy cheap travel, power outages, and god forbid another terrorist attack ( oh, I mean "man made diisaster")...
    Plus woodworking and disigning and fabricating is just plain fun to me!!!!

Great site for full time Vandwellers, etc....!!!! Empty Re: Great site for full time Vandwellers, etc....!!!!

Post by Guest Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:11 am

Thanks. That is very interesting, but I hope it doesn't come to that.

Post by Guest Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:48 am

ME TOO!!!! But like my grandfather said (he went thru the ddepression of 32'), better to have and not need, then to need and not have!!!!
    ChevyVanMan1

Number of posts : 425
    Registration date : 2009-07-19

Post by ChevyVanMan1 Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:05 am

I would suspect stealth camping would be a little difficult in some of our colletor vans. So many people stop to look at them they might draw too much attention. Still I'd rather be in an old, low tech easy to fix van than a new hi-tech van.

Happy motoring, Mark
    bugeye bob
    bugeye bob

Number of posts : 383
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

Post by bugeye bob Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:08 pm

great site full of some good ideas, liked the cabinet with kerosene heater, sink and burners.
    LiveWire64
    LiveWire64

Number of posts : 244
    Registration date : 2009-03-17

Post by LiveWire64 Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:56 am

Thanks for the link. I had come across that site last year. Lots of great info.
    Why do you think I have 4 vans. Never know when I might be living in one. Brad

Post by Guest Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:48 am

Me too Brad. I think most of us (definetly me) are about one to two paychecks away from living in our vans!!!! My old Handi-van looks old and haggered so I can fit in pretty well right now if I need to, but in one with a new paint job, there are ways to make it not look so good, ie, dirt, waterbased paint, etc.... To blend in....
    But yeah, hope it does not come to that!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:57 pm