VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+2
EconoUSAparts
HandiVanMan
6 posters

windshield seals replaced were to buy

windshield seals replaced were to buy Empty windshield seals replaced were to buy

Post by Guest Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:36 am

Hi newbie here, i would like to replace all the seals on my 5 window pickup, were is the best place to buy, can i buy all 5 in a pkg or do i have to buy each seal separatly? 1966 econo pickup windshield seal back window seal and the two corner glass seals, thanks, so far what i learned is carpenter is the only one that mfg that seal ?

Last edited by rudefish on Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
    HandiVanMan
    HandiVanMan

Number of posts : 1868
    Registration date : 2010-04-11

windshield seals replaced were to buy Empty Re: windshield seals replaced were to buy

Post by HandiVanMan Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:39 pm

I think you can get them from Tim aka EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Number of posts : 2198
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

windshield seals replaced were to buy Empty Re: windshield seals replaced were to buy

Post by EconoUSAparts Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:02 am

For now all I have are the new door seals. Carpenters dont fit right and cost more. Eventually I'll have cargo door seals and fixed window seals but for now just front doors and the 3 piece kit for the pop out windows on the vans.

Last edited by EconoUSAparts on Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:27 am

Anywhere but Macs and Carpenters ...
    OldSkoolVannin
    OldSkoolVannin

Number of posts : 51
    Registration date : 2011-11-19

Post by OldSkoolVannin Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:48 am

strukkingfuggle wrote:Anywhere but Macs and Carpenters ...

What about the eBay item http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=Econoline+windshield+seal&_sacat=0&_odkw=Econoline+rubber&_osacat=0 ???
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Post by EconoUSAparts Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:26 pm

Macs and others get their seals from Carpenter's. Carpenter's windshield seals and fixed body glass seals are ok to use, just dont use their door seals or vent window seals.

Post by Guest Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:14 pm

EconoUSAparts wrote:Macs and others get their seals from Carpenter's. Carpenter's windshield seals and fixed body glass seals are ok to use, just dont use their door seals or vent window seals.
    ok thanks, guess i will order from macs there prices were a couple bucks cheaper than carpenter.
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8729
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Post by dix Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:50 pm

I thought the guys said any one but mac's or carpenters

Post by Guest Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:03 am

dix wrote: I thought the guys said any one but mac's or carpenters
    ok i need winshield seal carpenter is the only mfg of this seal econo-tim does not have the seals at this time he said the seal from carpenter is good and fits properly its the door seal and vent seal that is junk , i beleave another mfg is working on those seals at this time from what ive been reading on other posts,nobody has stepped up with other dealers names and i have not herd any neg feedback about macs till this one post i will wait a little longer before ordering, so who knows a dealer that is better than macs or carpenter.
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Post by dix Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:47 am

I must have read somthing wrong.. by the way not everyone goes online every day, and it is a holiday week /week-end. you can buy what ever you would like. were @ in pa do you live..

Post by Guest Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:20 am

dix wrote:I must have read somthing wrong.. by the way not everyone goes online every day, and it is a holiday week /week-end. you can buy what ever you would like. were @ in pa do you live..
    yea the post was a little confusing, i live in southeast pa between reading and lancaster.
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Post by dix Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:27 am

have you contacted or know any of the van clubs out your way.??

Post by Guest Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:26 pm

dix wrote:have you contacted or know any of the van clubs out your way.??
    i see threre's one in nj, i may have to check into it soon thanks.
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Post by EconoUSAparts Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:22 pm

Yes Carpenter's are ok. Mac's and several others get their seals from Carpenter's and have some flexibility in what they charge so I'm told. Green Sales also sells the same seals at similar pricing as do several other obsolete parts dealers but they all come from Dennis Carpenter.
    Casimier
    Casimier

Number of posts : 864
    Registration date : 2010-07-26

Post by Casimier Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:40 am

Hey Rudefish

You will get a lot of tips and maybe parts you need along with some valuable connections at the Gathering of Earlys Show on July 21st in Jackson, NJ.

You are so close...geoghaphically

Check the forum "Do YOu know of a Van Event" for more info.

Jim
    diamond dave
    diamond dave

Number of posts : 565
    Registration date : 2012-04-24

Post by diamond dave Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:12 pm

the glass shop that i use to pull my glass for my resto projects said that they dont even bother putting seals in the windshields anymore. they said the suppliers seals are junk and leak. so they urethane them in like new windows, and put a rubber thing around the outside that looks just like an original seal. i'm gonna have them do mine that way. i dont know how many ecos and other older cars i have repaired rotted windshield areas for that were caused by leaking seals. i know it's not original, but neither is my van.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 6:59 am