VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

door cylinder lock gaskets same on a mustang trunk?

door cylinder lock gaskets same on a mustang trunk? Empty door cylinder lock gaskets same on a mustang trunk?

Post by Guest Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:18 pm

i am looking for the gaskets that go between the door cylinder locks and the doors on my 63 econoline van
    i was thinking that a mustang trunk may have the same lock and could use those gaskets

can someone tell me if this is the case or a source for the correct gaskets please

thanks

door cylinder lock gaskets same on a mustang trunk? Empty Re: door cylinder lock gaskets same on a mustang trunk?

Post by Guest Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:57 am

update
    i have been hearing that the econlines never had gaskets on the door lock cylinders. that is possibly why i cant find any gaskets
    and i dont think the early mustang is the same shape

i dont want to put back together without something as the cylinder has already started wearing the paint and dont want a leak there

i have left a tracing at a sign company and they are going to cut me some
    will post on the success of this
    also making outside door lever and mirror pedastal "gaskets" same way
    Big W
    Big W

Number of posts : 3282
    Registration date : 2011-01-13

door cylinder lock gaskets same on a mustang trunk? Empty Re: door cylinder lock gaskets same on a mustang trunk?

Post by Big W Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:32 pm

I have never noticed any gaskets on mine, only the little key doors that swing over the tumblers to block dirt and grud from getting in there. I wonder if a person could use something like RV roof vent puddy. Just put a little bit around the lock and after it's all tightend up just wipe off the little bit that may have squished out.
    HandiVanMan
    HandiVanMan

Number of posts : 1868
    Registration date : 2010-04-11

Post by HandiVanMan Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:50 pm

I have never noticed any on any Chevys either

Post by Guest Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:03 pm

i think you guys are right they didnt come with a gasket but i am going to make some for mine
    thanks

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 1:28 am