VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

Possibly my first E - van.... update

Possibly my first E - van.... update Empty Possibly my first E - van.... update

Post by Guest Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:35 pm

As mentioned in my post yesterday, i was going to look at what would / could be my first early van.

In a nutshell, its a dead end.

Also, when I mentioned that the NYS DMV won't accept the Florida title without at least a signed affidavit of sale, all of a sudden the title that was supposed to be with the van is now missing.

I'm going to wait a couple of days and offer scrap price for it, that way, at least, I could always sell it cheap enough to someone to make it attractive with no title.

PS..I would not be able to bring myself to actually scrap it..I'm just using scrap price to establish a maximum value that I'm comfortable with.
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Possibly my first E - van.... update Empty Re: Possibly my first E - van.... update

Post by G-Man Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:05 pm

Sometimes finding a early van is a jouney. Your van is out there and like most of us yours will fall into your lap all of sudden

Possibly my first E - van.... update Empty Re: Possibly my first E - van.... update

Post by Guest Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:11 pm

Here in Idaho getting a title isnt too terribly difficult for someone willing to go through the legwork. Maybe NY had something like what we have here? Its called a "conditional title", which basically says that if someone can prove within 3 years that the vehicle was stolen and that they are the true owners that they can have the vehicle back. After that 3 year time frame it is yours free and clear no matter what. It can sometimes be a gamble but my '59 Power Wagon I did it on sat in a field forever and came from a good friend of some good friends of mine so I wasnt too worried about it. I need to do that for my A100 soon so that I can get her back on the road. It sat in a junkyard for 20 years so I know it wasnt stolen in the last 3 years.
    mbasaraba
    mbasaraba

Number of posts : 823
    Registration date : 2009-01-08

Post by mbasaraba Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:45 am

Took my wife and I almost 3 years to find our van. Dont settle for anything, we almost did and glad we held out.

I ended up getting one from Oregon, and we live in Alabama. Was a great deal with an exceptionally solid body. It is costing me 2X as much as I paid for the van just to ship it, but when you think of how much time and money would be spent repairing or replacing all the rust and junk it was well worth the shipping price to find a solid body to work with.

We are still waiting for it to be hauled, they are supposed to pick it up next week and then a 14 day transit time.

Watch the for sale section closely, that is where we got ours.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 4:04 am