VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+3
DanTheVanMan
savage
mcfly
7 posters

Secret Junkyard Found in Rhode Island

mcfly
    mcfly

Number of posts : 626
    Registration date : 2008-11-10

Secret  Junkyard Found in Rhode Island Empty Secret Junkyard Found in Rhode Island

Post by mcfly Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:57 pm

Came across this on a mustang forum here's the story
    http://jalopnik.com/5102534/massive-secret-mustang-junkyard-found-in-rhode-island-forest
    And heres some more pics,looks like a number of vans mixed in with all those mustangs
    https://s214.photobucket.com/albums/cc114/bkl89/
    address is
    60 weaver hill road
    West Greenwich, RI
    wish I was closer, no time for a road trip now.
    anyone close?
    mike
    savage
    savage

Number of posts : 2626
    Registration date : 2008-05-15

Secret  Junkyard Found in Rhode Island Empty Re: Secret Junkyard Found in Rhode Island

Post by savage Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:21 am

You mean a JY Fred hasn't found yet?? Shocked
    DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Number of posts : 7900
    Registration date : 2008-10-08

Secret  Junkyard Found in Rhode Island Empty Re: Secret Junkyard Found in Rhode Island

Post by DanTheVanMan Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:34 am

That's just frickin amazing!!!!

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

Secret  Junkyard Found in Rhode Island Qr_cod10

<-<-<- Cruising is not a "Point A to Point B" thing, but an "Everything in between thing!  <-<-<-
    benwah
    benwah

Number of posts : 1135
    Registration date : 2008-07-05

Post by benwah Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:38 am

ive heard of this one,i knew a guy who talked about this place but wouldnt tell you where it was. could never find it from what im told stuff as old form the teens and 20s . a lot of it will be hard to get out due to the heavy tree growth. ill try to shoot over next weekend. to many things on my plate this weekend.
    Nightmoves
    Nightmoves

Number of posts : 2214
    Registration date : 2008-11-17

Post by Nightmoves Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:07 pm

Just goes to show ya.There's still stuff to be found.
    benwah
    benwah

Post by benwah Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:08 pm

i investagated via my slow dial up web . i got a good idia where it is, not to far from where the blessing of the vans is held. its all secondary roads for me going to say 40 min. from the door yard. plan on leaving next saturday 9:30ish to check out the place, from what i hear hes an old boozer and hard to deal with., try to catch him sober. and he turns people away if you just want to look around unless your interested in a certain thing . anyone who wants to join me is more than welcome. ill try to get a list of earlys that i see if anyone needs a special part,
    mcfly
    mcfly

Post by mcfly Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:08 pm

When I was in high school we use to go to a junkyard were the owner sounds just like this guy.It was always better to not come empty handed,this guy really love his Schmidt's tall boys and for the price of a case you were his best friend.I wish I was closer I would go to. Good luck on your trip,Take pictures and keep your eyes open for a early chevy grill etc....
    benwah
    benwah

Post by benwah Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:05 am

thanks mcfly , do they even make Schmidt's anymore? figure id go with a pint of Jim Beam, that way if i get sent home id still have something that pleases the pallet . weather man saying snow this weekend, but so far we'd be up to our armpits with snow if they were right, im glad its 50 degrees and raining. dont worry im scouting for all early vans mabee some old trucks in the 30-40s too. im takeing the buick because i know if i take the International,... rabbit
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Post by donivan65 Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:26 am

The grilles on the Chevy Vans are just part of the body.
    You can repair them with parts from another van or add something custom in there. Or even cut it out, get it chromed and screw it back on.

Secret  Junkyard Found in Rhode Island Nodoor15

Secret  Junkyard Found in Rhode Island Nodoor16
    mcfly
    mcfly

Post by mcfly Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:44 am

benwah - were you able to go this past weekend ?
    you wouldn't be holding out on us now Smile
    benwah
    benwah

Post by benwah Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:56 am

no a freind of mine who also has an A100 pickup wanted to go but had to work saturday, i was allmost temted to go anyway. but instead i tackled the never ending tasks around the homestead Crying or Very sad were going to go soon . will post my findings asap!
    fmc56
    fmc56

Number of posts : 553
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Post by fmc56 Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:57 pm

savage wrote:You mean a JY Fred hasn't found yet?? Shocked
    Been there plenty of times. I got was left of any good parts on the Econolines. He has a few Chevys and Dodges also. Tough guy to deal with.
    Colchester Auto parts has a complete A-100 pickup.
    Fred
    benwah
    benwah

Post by benwah Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:25 am

hey Fred theres a nother yard near the one off rt 3, think its 165 past the arcadia forest heading to wyoming, has a school bus for a gate, any goodies there? probilly check that one out too while were in the neighborhood.
    fmc56
    fmc56

Number of posts : 553
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Post by fmc56 Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:25 pm

benwah wrote:hey Fred theres a nother yard near the one off rt 3, think its 165 past the arcadia forest heading to wyoming, has a school bus for a gate, any goodies there? probably check that one out too while were in the neighborhood.
    Richmond Tire and Diesel is on Rt 3 south of Rt 165 across from the auto auction. I haven't been there in a while but I found a nice 67 Econoline there last year and bought everything cheap. He mainly scraps cars so they don't stay there long. Exeter Auto salvage is on Rt 165 before you get to Rt 3. Last time I stopped there he had only late model stuff. Also off Rt 165 is Zampini's. He is on Arcadia Rd which is on your right heading east on Rt 165 before you get to Exeter Auto salvage. The yard is behind his house. He aslo scraps most everything so the inventory is constantly changing. If your travelling on Rt 165 stop at Kleeman's in Norwich CT. He on Long Society Rd right on the Norwich/Preston line. If you head east on Rt 165 they'll be on the right. you will drive past the back of the yard and then Long Society Rd will be on the right. He had several Econolines, Chevy's and Dodges last time I was there. He closes for lunch at 12:00 and is open Saturday morning.
    I live in Warwick, about 20 minutes from Exeter. Your welcome to stop by. There are also a few more scattered around the state and nearby MA
    Fred

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 12:47 am