VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

So I Found a Junkyard With 4 A-100 Vans

slowflapper
    slowflapper

Number of posts : 956
    Registration date : 2010-07-29

So I Found a Junkyard With 4 A-100 Vans Empty So I Found a Junkyard With 4 A-100 Vans

Post by slowflapper Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:28 pm

I Found a Junkyard With 4 A-100 Vans about 30 miles from my house. I called the guy today and he said they stopped selling parts five years ago Sad

You cant pull parts due to insurance reasons and they wont pull them for you due to lack of manpower, the owner is in his late 70's and figures they just crush out the whole yard...

The guy I talked to said they would sell whole cars but had to check with the owner for a price and get back to me.... If I can get a deal ($250 or so) on a whole van I'll just bring it home and strip it. They have good parts but are in pretty bad shape for a full restoration as they've been there for decades.

gah, i had a nice long wish list of stuff I was going to grab too, one of them has fender flares on the rear wheel wells... what I'd give for those.
    RodStRace
    RodStRace

Number of posts : 3046
    Registration date : 2010-01-21

So I Found a Junkyard With 4 A-100 Vans Empty Re: So I Found a Junkyard With 4 A-100 Vans

Post by RodStRace Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:32 pm

slowflapper wrote: I Found a Junkyard With 4 A-100 Vans ... one of them has fender flares on the rear wheel wells... what I'd give for those.

Me too! Sad
    benwah
    benwah

Number of posts : 1135
    Registration date : 2008-07-05

So I Found a Junkyard With 4 A-100 Vans Empty Re: So I Found a Junkyard With 4 A-100 Vans

Post by benwah Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:20 pm

I ran into a simular problem at a yard a few years ago. The owner put his kid in charge while he went to Floridia for the winter. The kid called the crusher in and squashed 3/4's of the place Shocked took the money and ran! This old timer had stuff from the 30's up. and everything was orginised to the hilt! One row of Dodge vans oldest to newest, same with Fords and Chevys. Cars and trucks alike no hunting, all in a row. He did let me in and check out what was left. All the vans and trucks GONE Sad . Most of the old timers who are runnin yards are cool with me. I usually shoot the crap with them for a while, Tell them what I have, what Im workin on , what Im lookin for. Even if there no longer open for bisnuess I usually get in. I allways try and find something to buy. Thank them for there time.
    slowflapper
    slowflapper

Number of posts : 956
    Registration date : 2010-07-29

Post by slowflapper Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:55 am

It's bad now really, my favorite yard, and the only one locally that had any old cars left, got shut down and crushed out last year.

I think I might drop by this place with a phillips head screwdriver in my pocket and see if I can work a deal for those flares. I even asked the guy on the phone if I could pay him to go get them for me, no dice.

I'm going to stay after him about buying a whole van but it's going to have to be dirt cheap. I'll take off what I need and sell the rest.
    benwah
    benwah

Number of posts : 1135
    Registration date : 2008-07-05

Post by benwah Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:48 pm

Not sure if your A is your daily, but drive it down to the yard. show the guy the stuff you baught from him on your van. A lot of the older guys have a soft spot for old iron, their grand kids are only lookin for$$$. Theres one old yard I visit I allways bring a few mopar mags for Harry . He loves them !!Sometimes Im out with the wife out for dinner and I see Harry he allways stops to talk to me, I think its his daughter who takes him out to dinner,. I don't have the heart to tell the guy his grandsons an @ss hole. All though the last time I went shopping at his yard I walked away from the grandsons astrominacal price tag, Looked at Harry shook his hand , he gave me one of thoes wish I was in carge faces. I left it at that.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:52 am