VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

I guess hitting the deer knocked more rust loose??

lectricman
    lectricman

Number of posts : 339
    Registration date : 2010-04-07

I guess hitting the deer knocked more rust loose?? Empty I guess hitting the deer knocked more rust loose??

Post by lectricman Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:13 pm

well I knew the bed and under side structure was rusty... bad... but I was hoping to make it till the '66 F-250 was ready for the road.... the drivers side rear front support that the perch is made to rusted in two and slid backwards about 4 inches.... just glad it stopped there and no one was hurt... (my son was driving it back and forth to school) so I found the best solution......,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I guess hitting the deer knocked more rust loose?? Newecono4 I guess hitting the deer knocked more rust loose?? Newecono
    I guess hitting the deer knocked more rust loose?? Newecono2 I guess hitting the deer knocked more rust loose?? Newecono1 I guess hitting the deer knocked more rust loose?? Newecono3

he was asking $3500 but told me he would take $1800 plus mine on trade.... I told him what it was going to need to get it on the road and all the "new" that mine had and he said the $1800 was firm but that I could swap out anything that I wanted.... WOW, anything?? he said anything!!!! woooohoooo!!! I am going to try and keep my motor and the one in it, it runs great but mine is new... the drivers door has a bad rust spot at the bottom so I will trade it out.... mirrors, master cylinder, brake parts if needed, and my brand new windshield.... the interior, the heater box and the list goes on and on... any way, I just thought I would share.... going to start in on the swapping of parts tomorrow... looking to have it running by the middle of September, wish me luck!!!!

P.S. the only rust I found was 2 small spots on the frame (not bad) and the passenger side where the bed is welded to it.. the drivers door inside bottom...

I guess hitting the deer knocked more rust loose?? Empty Re: I guess hitting the deer knocked more rust loose??

Post by Guest Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:17 pm

Nice. The bed looks to be in great shape. Good luck
    kiwimopar
    kiwimopar

Number of posts : 744
    Registration date : 2010-01-23

I guess hitting the deer knocked more rust loose?? Empty Re: I guess hitting the deer knocked more rust loose??

Post by kiwimopar Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:19 pm

Yep, good luck from here too Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 6:37 pm