VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

Front Spring Question

Digz
    Digz

Number of posts : 3794
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Front Spring Question Empty Front Spring Question

Post by Digz Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:16 pm

Iv'e got the springs off the parts van and setting side by side, the right side seems to be arched a little more than the left. Just wondering if this is the norm?? They both have an identical first set of numbers and they have the Chrysler stamp, The second set of numbers are similar but end differently. Any of you guys have the low down on the spring set ups for the front??
    RodStRace
    RodStRace

Number of posts : 3046
    Registration date : 2010-01-21

Front Spring Question Empty Re: Front Spring Question

Post by RodStRace Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:54 pm

Chrysler always numbered stuff with a last digit that indicated right and left. I 'think' it was odd to the left, but am not sure.
    Old springs will all be different, but chrysler did often have slightly different springs side to side. The SS springs have an extra leaf on the right.
    Also, they have the engines in cars offset slighty for clearance and to offset the weight of the driver.
    There are also 2 different A-100 front spring rates to go along with the heavier GVWR and brakes.
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8729
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Post by dix Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:43 pm

Wow that's good info Rod...
    Digz
    Digz

Number of posts : 3794
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by Digz Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:59 pm

The spring that I am assuming went on the right , the last digit ran into the center pin so couldn't be sure and I took my best guess. logic if there is any agrees with odd to the left. Im going to clean up the old springs and see if there are any numbers buried there to indicate anything.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:13 am