VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

Trying to help a buddy find a part

Trying to help a buddy find a part Empty Trying to help a buddy find a part

Post by Guest Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:13 am

Sorry I don't know the exact part needed as I only had about 3 mins to look at his van. He needs a bushing on the shifter linkage for his 67 a100. From what I've found I believe its the a745 transmission his van has the 318. The linkage is binding making it almost impossible to get into gear. The bushing is on what seems to be the main shaft coming from the shifter right in front of the van. Where should we look?
    slowflapper
    slowflapper

Number of posts : 956
    Registration date : 2010-07-29

Trying to help a buddy find a part Empty Re: Trying to help a buddy find a part

Post by slowflapper Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:36 am

I don't know the Mopar part number, or if you can even still get them but one of mine is starting to fall apart as well. Summit had a rubber grommet kit that probably has one that would work. He may need to adjust his linkages etc as well, there videos on Youtube and details in the A100 service manual on how to do it.

Here's the link for the kit:
    grommet kit

eta: Is he missing the bushing/grommet on the ends of the shifter rods or up on in the front on the bottom of the steering column?

here's a link to another thread here (that contains youtube links) on this same issue:
    link

Ask your buddy to come register here, lots of good info on VV

Post by Guest Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:46 pm

The thread you sent me too was his post. I didn't find it until you sent me there. I grabbed a screenshot from the service bulletin of the bushing in question. [img]Trying to help a buddy find a part Screen11[/img]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:22 am