VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

identify this electronic ignition please

identify this electronic ignition please Empty identify this electronic ignition please

Post by Guest Sat May 14, 2011 9:45 pm

Guys..if you have been following my progress on getting my truck going this is my stand still point.

The truck has spark but only on the first crank of the starter and when the key is let off. two sparks on all plugs. period. I believe the electronic ignition box that was converted to on the truck is bad. as you can see it has seen better days by the pics. Problem is I have no idea what it is off. The only marking on the box is the numbers 21 7 69. It is a 5 wire box and it is 4.25" and 2.5" tall. colors of the wires are red, black, yellow, light blue, and brown.

The distributor is a Ford Unit and is numbered D2OF 12127 DA

I have researched for several hours and found nothing. Figured I would see if some recognizes the box.

identify this electronic ignition please Eibox3

identify this electronic ignition please Eibox2

identify this electronic ignition please Eibox
    Digz
    Digz

Number of posts : 3794
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

identify this electronic ignition please Empty Re: identify this electronic ignition please

Post by Digz Sun May 15, 2011 4:39 am

I tried also and probably got as far as you did, Whats in the distributor for the pick up ? Might be easier to go from a pic of that ?
    EconoCarl
    EconoCarl

Number of posts : 1109
    Registration date : 2008-05-19

identify this electronic ignition please Empty Re: identify this electronic ignition please

Post by EconoCarl Sun May 15, 2011 5:41 am

Looks like a 'aftermarket' part to me. Hopefully there is a parts house nearby with an old school parts guy behind the counter. Take the part to that guy and see what he comes up with!
    Smallblockbug
    Smallblockbug

Number of posts : 233
    Registration date : 2011-01-27

Post by Smallblockbug Sun May 15, 2011 10:21 am

http://www.hot-spark.eu/distributorlistfordmercury.html

They have a kit for you. You need to eliminate the space between the 12127 and da and you will find more results.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 1:02 am