VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+17
Twinpilot001
wylee
dix
jrinaman
Lyrad
whopman
panelmanrd
kookykrispy
sasktrini
RodStRace
heretic
m1dadio
Digz
G-Man
EconoCarl
DanTheVanMan
econopoor
21 posters

New Member building a 64 G modified...comments? suggestions?

New Member building a 64 G modified...comments? suggestions? - Page 3 Empty Re: New Member building a 64 G modified...comments? suggestions?

Post by Guest Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:00 pm

I too am really digging the exhaust cutouts. I am really considering doing something like that in my Dodge A100 pickup. I was wanting to go out the rear roll pan through the factory bumper holes but the fuel tank kind of occupies that same general area. I am not a huge fan of side pipes, especially since I wanna lower the crap out of it. Your solution is the perfect solution!
    sasktrini
    sasktrini

Number of posts : 2067
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

New Member building a 64 G modified...comments? suggestions? - Page 3 Empty Re: New Member building a 64 G modified...comments? suggestions?

Post by sasktrini Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:09 am

Agreed! Awesome! Good luck with the doors!
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Post by Twinpilot001 Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:31 am

what ever happened to the van & pics?? disc brakes & mods?? still interested?

Post by Guest Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:49 pm

As far as the rear and side doors are concerned how about fiberglass gull wing doors. A member here make some very nice gull wings for your customers van. His name is David Matchstick Brooks.
    DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Number of posts : 7900
    Registration date : 2008-10-08

Post by DanTheVanMan Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:38 pm

vanishingbreed wrote:As far as the rear and side doors are concerned how about fiberglass gull wing doors. A member here make some very nice gull wings for your customers van. His name is David Matchstick Brooks.

I've seen some of Dave's work. Have to say it's first rate!!!

Dan

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

New Member building a 64 G modified...comments? suggestions? - Page 3 Qr_cod10

<-<-<- Cruising is not a "Point A to Point B" thing, but an "Everything in between thing!  <-<-<-

Post by Guest Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:15 pm

David is making me a custom fiberglass console and a fiberglass cap for my doghouse lid. He does excellent work. I want to get a couple of fiberglass gull wing doors for my 65 Econovan. He is also working on making visors for our Econos.

New Member building a 64 G modified...comments? suggestions? - Page 3 Empty Yay! Some more work done! Check out the cool roof!

Post by Guest Tue May 08, 2012 12:24 pm

Hey y'all, long time no see! We have been working on the van again after some time off it, things are going well, things are getting done! The roof was smashed in the rear from someone backing into a pole, so Reno has built this fantastic spoiler instead of fixing the roof back to orig. He has also started on the sunroof hole since these photos were taken, so i will post them next. Hope you like it!

[img]New Member building a 64 G modified...comments? suggestions? - Page 3 Roof112[/img]
    [img]New Member building a 64 G modified...comments? suggestions? - Page 3 Roof210[/img]
    [img]New Member building a 64 G modified...comments? suggestions? - Page 3 Roof310[/img][img]New Member building a 64 G modified...comments? suggestions? - Page 3 Roof410[/img][img]New Member building a 64 G modified...comments? suggestions? - Page 3 Roof510[/img]
    Big W
    Big W

Number of posts : 3282
    Registration date : 2011-01-13

Post by Big W Tue May 08, 2012 9:13 pm

Yes it's been a while. Thanks for getting back to us on your progress. I was starting to wonder if the project was stopped.... The fin mod looks nice. But was curious though as to what those strips were doing on the roof. Those need to to be welded on?? vs finding a roof section with ribs and grafting that in instead. Will the sunroof be powered or push up?
    Digz
    Digz

Number of posts : 3794
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by Digz Wed May 09, 2012 3:22 am

Definately welcome back ! Thought maybe you had gotten blown away in a storm ! Pretty neat idea and also gets rid of that ponding effect normally caused by the roof rail in that area. Had any thoughts on adding any lighting in that new area?
    Linoman
    Linoman

Number of posts : 329
    Registration date : 2010-06-14

Post by Linoman Wed May 09, 2012 4:40 am

Love the look of that spoiler!
    NipRing
    NipRing

Number of posts : 336
    Registration date : 2011-08-14

Post by NipRing Wed May 09, 2012 5:20 am

Reminds me of the back of my wife's SRX
    New Member building a 64 G modified...comments? suggestions? - Page 3 682ee9dd

Or more so this escalade. I'd bet you could work this brake light into your van.
    New Member building a 64 G modified...comments? suggestions? - Page 3 ImagesqtbnANd9GcS6DMIf0-E7BVzbWBJuAMuXYxDsXQbI6QXzbxsueJpqWhtWDZVRDQ

Post by Guest Wed May 09, 2012 7:50 am

Thanks for the replies, we did think about putting some kind of lighting in there, we'll see how the funds go, and if the customer wants it. The roof ribs will be attached and smoothed in to follow the same contour of the original, we couldnt source a good roof piece and it would have been almost as much work to chop and replace it as it was to fabricate the spoiler and make it one of a kind. The sunroof is a pop up i think, out of a 90's sedan with similar roof shape. He wanted 2 in there, one at the back and one in the front, but we are going to see how the one goes before making a hole for the front. There are concerns about that much weight in the roof as its kind of flimsy in front. Still thinking abot the color scheme, lots of ideas floating around, looking at some kind of two tone with a contoured line, like some of the van paint schemes from the 70's but with more modern colors. Ideas?

[img]New Member building a 64 G modified...comments? suggestions? - Page 3 Img_0410[/img]
    [img]New Member building a 64 G modified...comments? suggestions? - Page 3 Img_0411[/img][img]New Member building a 64 G modified...comments? suggestions? - Page 3 Img_0412[/img]
    Roman
    Roman

Number of posts : 822
    Registration date : 2010-09-10

Post by Roman Wed May 09, 2012 3:33 pm

Heavy metal flake green like a bass boat. Did you guys ever figure out the grille?

Post by Guest Thu May 10, 2012 9:26 am

NO grille yet, but i like the bass boat idea Roman, would look cool. We are going to try taping some designs onto the van when its in primer to get an idea of what would look cool. we want something that will break up the box look, and go along with the spoiler.
    Roman
    Roman

Number of posts : 822
    Registration date : 2010-09-10

Post by Roman Thu May 10, 2012 10:01 am

Two tone is definitely the way to go then. Did you see that grille idea on that custom 2nd Gen van? Someone posted a thread with a heavily customized 2nd Gen that was chopped, sectioned and had a one piece side door. The grille was some custom designed laser cut piece that had the headlights behind it. Someone here will probably know what I'm talking about...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 7:58 pm