VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+4
DanTheVanMan
64chevy
donivan65
veefre
8 posters

Noisy rear axle...

donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Noisy rear axle... - Page 5 Empty Re: Noisy rear axle...

Post by donivan65 Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:18 pm

How about call this place where I get my bearings and seals,,,,,www.SDGearaxle.com (858) 449-5656
    and see what they want,,,,I can bring them a sample if they show any interest in getting or building some,,,,,,,,,,

savage likes this post

veefre
    veefre

Number of posts : 424
    Registration date : 2008-09-10

Post by veefre Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:29 pm

Hi Don.

I looked at the SDGearaxle.com website and I didn't see anything new, but I'll give them a call one of these days.

Meanwhile my local axle guy came up blank - we agreed that Moser, custom axle, or similar outfit, is probably the only source for a new axle. Moser wants something like $244 just for the two axles - no bearings or seals or wheel lugs.

Here are the specs on this axle:

28 spline, 31.313" long, 5 7/16" lugs on 4.75 bolt circle, 1.4" dia bearing surface. C-clip groove at one end, of course.
    veefre
    veefre

Number of posts : 424
    Registration date : 2008-09-10

Noisy rear axle... - Page 5 Empty Update 12-23-21 Scooby Van Rear Axle bearings

Post by veefre Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:27 pm

Just a little note to post a progress report. After installing the Masterpro rear axles bearings 10 years ago, and some 10,000 miles later, the rear axle seems to be doing just fine. No noise, I don't put a lot of miles of the van, obviously, but I'd like to take some pleasure trips in my (now) retirement this spring. Not sure it would make it cross country, but some old sites I used to visit in Central California in my youth might be in store. We'll see!

I also invited some folks from the Facebook Chevy Van site to view this thread, since the topic came up.

Later, and thanks for all the help!

savage likes this post

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:43 pm