VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+11
mothradeath
austinmodhouse
EconoUSAparts
RobSWD
Twinpilot001
virtual
Van Halen
dix
G-Man
slowflapper
EconoCarl
15 posters

Van Go . . . completion pics

econopoor
    econopoor
    Econoline Guru

Number of posts : 1747
    Registration date : 2010-04-18

Van Go . . . completion pics - Page 2 Empty Re: Van Go . . . completion pics

Post by econopoor Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:56 pm

Be careful. You can get lost for a lifetime in Dave Lindsay's albums. No chance of rescue there. If you look deep enough you might even find some old pictures of mine in there.

Duane in Tennessee

Post by Guest Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:49 pm

I wouldn't be so quick to write this van off as nothing more than a show van. I could be wrong, but I think the van was built to be taken to car shows/conventions. The guy publishes a car 'zine (CHURCH) and the interior is designed to display those 'zines and his t-shirts that he sells and maybe some other things. As for the seats...maybe he plans to use some cushions on them when he's actually driving it?

Regardless...the craftsmanship, design and over all vision of this van simply rule.
    virtual
    virtual

Number of posts : 257
    Registration date : 2008-05-21

Post by virtual Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:17 am

Vango made it's grand debut at the Grand National Roadster Show this past weekend.
    I knew the van would have mass appeal but to hear traditional hot rodders say that it was their favorite vehicle in the show or in the top ten vehicles in the show is incredible. It gets better too, VANGO won the Chip Foose Design Award.
    The interest in the van was through the roof even before this weekend and I have a feeling it has just gone viral. I hope that we get to see it at the CofC Van Show Feb 19, but if worse comes to worse many of us will see it in Detroit, Chicago and many of the other indoor shows this year.
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Number of posts : 2198
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by EconoUSAparts Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:00 am

Doug will this be at Autorama next month?
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:04 am

I look forward to seeing this up close Very Happy

Post by Guest Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:25 am

the price of earlies just went up. Wink
    RodStRace
    RodStRace

Number of posts : 3046
    Registration date : 2010-01-21

Post by RodStRace Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:33 am

virtual
    virtual

Post by virtual Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:34 am

Coby was invited to the Detroit Autorama with it over a month ago, as well as Chicago . I have a feeling that they might sweeten the pot for it to be there now that it was one of the more popular vehicles this past weekend.

We'll probably get confirmation if he'll be doing Detroit in the next week or so. Autorama is the weekend after the CofC so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he could do both.

He has had offers from 12 different magazines here and overseas for features.
    virtual
    virtual

Post by virtual Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:11 am

The owner of this van googled VANGO the other night and came upon this thread. He assured me that when possible he will be driving the van to events. There are some modifications to the seats that will be made down the line. Right now the van is not street legal as the rear view mirrors are not on and there are no seat belts. Hopefully he will have time to remedy this in the next week as he does want to drive it to Buena Park for our show next Saturday.
    He is quite excited about this and has mentioned it already to some mutual friends of our's outside of vanning. I can't wait to see it.

The bad news is that the van will not be going outside of California for quite some time for those who were hoping to see it in Detroit or Chicago.
    EconoCarl
    EconoCarl

Number of posts : 1109
    Registration date : 2008-05-19

Post by EconoCarl Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:25 am

Hey Coby, if you're listening out there, the Lone Star Round-up in Austin would be a great place for the TEXAS debut!
    virtual
    virtual

Post by virtual Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:31 pm

That's the one event out of California that he does want to go to with the van. You'll likely see many pictures of VANGO and John Jackson's Boogie Van (Corvan) together at Roundup if he does make it.
    EconoCarl
    EconoCarl

Number of posts : 1109
    Registration date : 2008-05-19

Post by EconoCarl Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:52 pm

Hell, I'll be there taking some pictures myself!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 12:44 am