VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+8
BILLS66
Farmer
mcfly
RodStRace
DanTheVanMan
G-Man
EconoCarl
WhiteDove63
12 posters

New to the forum!

G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

New to the forum! - Page 2 Empty Re: New to the forum!

Post by G-Man Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:20 am

The reason for size is the doghouse, most modified there seat brackets to work to the stock mounts
    Digz
    Digz

Number of posts : 3794
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

New to the forum! - Page 2 Empty Re: New to the forum!

Post by Digz Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:05 am

One other consideration for those big comfy seats is your seat heigth. they usually have extra framing in them making them sit a bit high to be comfortable at the wheel.. I'm not familiar with the Fords. A big factor on easy mounting is the design of the seat rails and how they bolt down. Do the mounting bolts work in a flat pattern or are they already designed to follow a curve? How easily is it to connect to the slides or base ? What I do is set them in place with blocking and see what lines up the closest and design your adapter brackets to fit. anytime you can attach to an existing mount with a bolt is a bonus. You also want to keep that slight angle in the seat bottom to keep it comfortable if you can. The outboard mounts on the wheel well are usually the easiest. The inner mounts is what will normally take some imagination. Sometimes a simple strap iron bent bracket will make the connections . There are almost to many variables to have anything written in stone on How To's.
    New to the forum! - Page 2 Mvc-0112
    Just examples to give you an idea. I have since changed all these.
    New to the forum! - Page 2 Seatbr10
    The inner mounts .. If you can attach to the DH or utilize the original support in someway thats probably the best otherwise you may have to get build something like a seat post similar to some of the mounts for captains chairs and attach it to the floor for support. This was a crappy one I had started once , but you get the idea.
    New to the forum! - Page 2 Seatbr11

New to the forum! - Page 2 Seat_m10

New to the forum! - Page 2 Seat_m11
    Again just ideas ,everyone seems to do it a bit differently. Dodge does it a bit different and uses a pinned hinge setup , Thats the idea I used when I put these PT cruiser seats in my chevy,
    New to the forum! - Page 2 12-22-11

Current date/time is Tue May 28, 2024 9:05 am