VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+2
itruns
donivan65
6 posters

opinions on pertronix dist modules?

jkr
    jkr

Number of posts : 1148
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

opinions on pertronix dist modules? - Page 2 Empty Re: opinions on pertronix dist modules?

Post by jkr Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:30 pm

unbolt the exhaust pipe from the manifolds and then start it. i have seen some weird stuff get into an exhaust system.
    benwah
    benwah

Number of posts : 1135
    Registration date : 2008-07-05

opinions on pertronix dist modules? - Page 2 Empty Re: opinions on pertronix dist modules?

Post by benwah Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:44 pm

I have a petronix in my slant for over ten years now. Started giving me crap recently. Seams to bog at wot and its running hotter than normal. Im just going to switch back to points, cheap n ez!
    benwah
    benwah

Number of posts : 1135
    Registration date : 2008-07-05

Post by benwah Sat Dec 25, 2010 7:21 pm

Well Im runnin points again. Broke down around 10 miles from home, wife in the truck. Great times. I was surprised to see Peteronix in autozone! Only chevy tho, Mopar forget it! If you do swap your points over just keep a set of points condencer and set screwes in your truck. If something does happen at least you can get home. I found out that the biggest problem of failure of the petronix modules were from a spike in voltage. Bad ground ect. Avarage life span 15 years .
    mrfoochie

Number of posts : 24
    Registration date : 2011-01-10

Post by mrfoochie Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:27 pm

i love my pertronix module... run a 3 ohm coil and you can bypass the ballast! check ebay they have the original (non-variable dwell) with the coil for $90 or so...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:11 am