VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

Motor mounts

rustrocket84

Number of posts : 13
    Registration date : 2010-04-07

Motor mounts Empty Motor mounts

Post by rustrocket84 Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:52 pm

Did a search and came up with nothing on here or on the web itself. I have a '63 panel van with the stock 170 and 3 speed manual. I've got the parts to replace the tranny mount, and I'm struggling trying to find motormounts for it. Anybody have a line on a set, or have you made anything else work? Thanks in advance for any help.
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Number of posts : 2198
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Motor mounts Empty Re: Motor mounts

Post by EconoUSAparts Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:12 am

Have you tried Mac's in N.Y.? Or Rock Auto????

Post by Guest Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:03 am

I'm putting a 302 in my 67 panel and I have a set but I'm not sure if mine will work or if I will need them ( I will bet that I won't be able to use them). I should know if I need them in the next few weeks.
    rustrocket84

Post by rustrocket84 Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:27 pm

Thanks found them at Mac's. Surprisingly isn't going to cost me my first born to get the parts. Thanks for the info again
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Number of posts : 2198
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by EconoUSAparts Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:09 pm

ibuiltit wrote:I'm putting a 302 in my 67 panel and I have a set but I'm not sure if mine will work or if I will need them ( I will bet that I won't be able to use them). I should know if I need them in the next few weeks.

It depends on how its set up. Are you doing the crossmember modification yourself or using one of Old Skool's or Blue Oval's crossmember? Both Blue Oval and Old Skool use different mounts than each other.
    1963_econoline
    1963_econoline

Number of posts : 8
    Registration date : 2010-10-07

Post by 1963_econoline Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:17 pm

thats funny, i have the same van as you, and i found my motor mounts really easy and had a bitch of a time finding my transimission mount, had to fabricate my own trany mount, can't help you with the motor mounts tho, the guy i got them from had his own local shop and he just died a few months ago. sorry Neutral

Post by Guest Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:52 pm

EconoUSAparts wrote:
    ibuiltit wrote:I'm putting a 302 in my 67 panel and I have a set but I'm not sure if mine will work or if I will need them ( I will bet that I won't be able to use them). I should know if I need them in the next few weeks.

It depends on how its set up. Are you doing the crossmember modification yourself or using one of Old Skool's or Blue Oval's crossmember? Both Blue Oval and Old Skool use different mounts than each other.

I'm new to this so I am waiting for Vic to email me back anbout several items I need help with. I will probably buy from Vic.
    rustrocket84

Post by rustrocket84 Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:55 pm

1963_econoline wrote:thats funny, i have the same van as you, and i found my motor mounts really easy and had a bitch of a time finding my transimission mount, had to fabricate my own trany mount, can't help you with the motor mounts tho, the guy i got them from had his own local shop and he just died a few months ago. sorry Neutral

I bought the same parts that somebody else listed on here for the tranny mounts, and am going to make it work. The only shops around here are Autozone or Napa really, and neither are too much help for these vans.

C&G early Fords is only half hour away but they didn't have any of the mounts. They do however have a bunch of other parts.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:05 am