VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+3
DanTheVanMan
Mr Hill Billy
Vanish
7 posters

Who's Got a CB Radio in there Van ????

Vanish
    Vanish
    Admin

Number of posts : 5155
    Registration date : 2008-05-02

Who's Got a CB Radio in there Van ???? Empty Who's Got a CB Radio in there Van ????

Post by Vanish Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:21 pm

Do you have a CB or Gonna Get One for your van ??? What Kind should I get ???? Need advice... Good ...Bad or Diffrent ...

Mr Hill Billy
    Mr Hill Billy

Number of posts : 213
    Registration date : 2009-12-23

Who's Got a CB Radio in there Van ???? Empty Re: Who's Got a CB Radio in there Van ????

Post by Mr Hill Billy Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:29 pm

Cobra is what i will be using w/dual antenna's
    DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Number of posts : 7900
    Registration date : 2008-10-08

Who's Got a CB Radio in there Van ???? Empty Re: Who's Got a CB Radio in there Van ????

Post by DanTheVanMan Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:40 pm

I have a COBRA CB W/SWR 29-NW.

I really like it!!! Have had it in several Vehicles over the last few years. Built in SWR make it very easy!!!!

Last edited by DanTheVanMan on Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

Who's Got a CB Radio in there Van ???? Qr_cod10

<-<-<- Cruising is not a "Point A to Point B" thing, but an "Everything in between thing!  <-<-<-
    BajaCharlie
    BajaCharlie

Number of posts : 619
    Registration date : 2010-01-07

Post by BajaCharlie Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:22 pm

yeah I got a Cobra too but theres noone to talk to in Ca. unless your caravanin'
    Nightmoves
    Nightmoves

Number of posts : 2214
    Registration date : 2008-11-17

Post by Nightmoves Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:14 am

I'm with y'all.I want to install my Cobra 29 in my van somewhere too with duals on the mirrors.Figure if dad could run around with his old tube type Johnson radio,I should too.But he had a big 7' whip on the back,lol Kinda miss yackin with the big trucks sometimes.
    RodStRace
    RodStRace

Number of posts : 3046
    Registration date : 2010-01-21

Post by RodStRace Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:44 am

I have been thinking about one. Checked the reviews at Crutchfield and Radio Shack. Seems Cobra is still the name...
    I have one big hole in the roof, dead-center. Was thinking of putting a big antenna there so the thing looks like a big RC van!
    organ grinder

Number of posts : 149
    Registration date : 2008-10-11

Post by organ grinder Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:31 pm

IMO you can't buy a better radio for it's price than a Cobra 29 "Classic" model. Just keep in mind the radio performance is as good as the antenna. I would use a Wilson K 40 Mag Mount antenna and place it in the center of the van, they are easy to tune the SWR and has a magnet mount so it can be removed without leaving any holes. If you want the dual mirror mount antennas just hook up one as it's hard to get a good SWR match between the two unless they (antennas) are more than 108 inches apart. In the truck I use a Galaxy radio with twin Skip Shooters antennas, a little on the pricey side, but I use it over 10 hrs a day and has been real reliable for me. Hope this helps.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 1:18 pm