VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

Does anyone have a picture of a factory radio delete? Or at least a pic of the dash without the radio installed

J_Money
    J_Money

Number of posts : 2
    Registration date : 2014-12-11

Does anyone have a picture of a factory radio delete? Or at least a pic of the dash without the radio installed Empty Does anyone have a picture of a factory radio delete? Or at least a pic of the dash without the radio installed

Post by J_Money Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:11 am

My 65 econoline has a big hole cut in the dash and I'd like to either put a factory radio back in the hole, or build a radio delete for it. I was hoping someone may have a picture of either a factory radio delete or a dash without the radio in it so I'd have a reference point.
    econopoor
    econopoor
    Econoline Guru

Number of posts : 1747
    Registration date : 2010-04-18

Does anyone have a picture of a factory radio delete? Or at least a pic of the dash without the radio installed Empty Re: Does anyone have a picture of a factory radio delete? Or at least a pic of the dash without the radio installed

Post by econopoor Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:18 am

Welcome J_money

There is no such thing as a radio delete place. The dash wasn't drilled from the factory if a radio wasn't ordered. The factory radios came with a diagram for drilling the dash for dealer installation.

Does anyone have a picture of a factory radio delete? Or at least a pic of the dash without the radio installed Mytrucks151-vi

This is my 61 five window dash. Also notice the speaker holes are not drilled around the grill. If it had a radio it would have four screw holes dilled on it's edges.

Duane in Tennessee
    jdlaugh
    jdlaugh

Number of posts : 298
    Registration date : 2013-03-18

Does anyone have a picture of a factory radio delete? Or at least a pic of the dash without the radio installed Empty Re: Does anyone have a picture of a factory radio delete? Or at least a pic of the dash without the radio installed

Post by jdlaugh Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:27 pm

Here's my '65 pickup dash. I guess a radio would go under those three knobs in the center. Not a lot of room, otherwise....

Does anyone have a picture of a factory radio delete? Or at least a pic of the dash without the radio installed Dash10
    econopoor
    econopoor
    Econoline Guru

Number of posts : 1747
    Registration date : 2010-04-18

Post by econopoor Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:14 pm

Here's a picture of an Econoline dash with the stock radio removed. It's different than most any other radio. The tuning indicator bolts over the outer dash.

Does anyone have a picture of a factory radio delete? Or at least a pic of the dash without the radio installed DSC00292-vi

Does anyone have a picture of a factory radio delete? Or at least a pic of the dash without the radio installed DSC00290-vi

The radio knobs go through the larger outer holes. The center hole is for the light. The two small holes are clearance for the screws that hold the faceplate on. Notice the screw holes on the speaker grill. The speaker was just bolted to the dash using these holes.

Duane in Tennessee.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 6:11 pm