VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+15
VANagain
ViewMaster
G-Man
67a 100 pickup
lectricman
m1dadio
mo_1040
sasktrini
wylee
Nightmoves
BILLS66
Vanish
Van Halen
whopman
DanTheVanMan
19 posters

Sometimes it pays to chase a "RUMOR"...... :)

Nightmoves
    Nightmoves

Number of posts : 2214
    Registration date : 2008-11-17

Sometimes it pays to chase a "RUMOR"...... :) - Page 3 Empty Re: Sometimes it pays to chase a "RUMOR"...... :)

Post by Nightmoves Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:22 pm

I came acrosst this some time back.Don't hold me to the numbers.Just the messenger.
    Sometimes it pays to chase a "RUMOR"...... :) - Page 3 Produc11
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Sometimes it pays to chase a "RUMOR"...... :) - Page 3 Empty Re: Sometimes it pays to chase a "RUMOR"...... :)

Post by donivan65 Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:43 pm

63Mercury wrote:Hmm... all the talk about how cool the Sportvans do get me wanting to look for one to buy. Image me - a PANEL vanner thinking of a WINDOW van to buy ... Laughing

I'd best hit every nook of country around me on my trips wherever i have the chance.

,,,,,,,,,so you seen the light,,,,,,,,,

Post by Guest Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:58 pm

donivan65 wrote:
    63Mercury wrote:Hmm... all the talk about how cool the Sportvans do get me wanting to look for one to buy. Image me - a PANEL vanner thinking of a WINDOW van to buy ... Laughing

I'd best hit every nook of country around me on my trips wherever i have the chance.

,,,,,,,,,so you seen the light,,,,,,,,,

LOL Laughing Razz Only because I realize these Sportmans have the rear side pop-outs to let air out. I hate having A/C stuff in there... call me old school but I like plain fresh air blowing past my head from the window down. I have my '90 Mazda MPV - it do have A/C but never used it - only use it for heating in winter.

Another point about the Sportmans is that I noticed it has lots of nice chrome trimmings - I love the shine of the chrome. So... I'm kinda sold on the window vans ... even if I need only one, that's good enough! But it must be a '60s model - that's the only condition.
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:34 pm

SportVans have the side windows that open,,,,,, back door ones would let the exhaust in,,,,,,,,,but you can switch them around if you want,,,,the Deluxe ones have all that chrome,,,,,,,,,

Sometimes it pays to chase a "RUMOR"...... :) - Page 3 Rich10
    DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Number of posts : 7900
    Registration date : 2008-10-08

Post by DanTheVanMan Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:27 am

Now that's one nice Sportvan!!!!! cheers

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

Sometimes it pays to chase a "RUMOR"...... :) - Page 3 Qr_cod10

<-<-<- Cruising is not a "Point A to Point B" thing, but an "Everything in between thing!  <-<-<-

Post by Guest Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:34 am

^^ Donivan65, you got that right! I don't want the rear doors that pop out. Been there before.

Is there more other photos to show the Deluxes - interior, how it looks, where the chrome trim are on? I'd like to see all the views around these models if possible.
    DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Post by DanTheVanMan Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:57 am

My pop-out's will be going on the rear small side windows. facing back working as a vent for the airflow coming in the front.

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

<-<-<- Cruising is not a "Point A to Point B" thing, but an "Everything in between thing!  <-<-<-
    savage
    savage

Number of posts : 2626
    Registration date : 2008-05-15

Post by savage Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:21 am

There were some Delux 1st gens that had 6 pop out on them(Special Order??) I got a set of 6 From Mark (108 Vanguy) in Cail, that all came off same van. And I think Tom Schaner told Troy & I about one he had striped that had 6 pop outs??
    Van Halen
    Van Halen

Number of posts : 1785
    Registration date : 2010-04-30

Post by Van Halen Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:21 am

Sometimes it pays to chase a "RUMOR"...... :) - Page 3 Van_2_13

63Mercury wrote:^^ Donivan65, you got that right! I don't want the rear doors that pop out. Been there before.

Is there more other photos to show the Deluxes - interior, how it looks, where the chrome trim are on? I'd like to see all the views around these models if possible.
    DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Post by DanTheVanMan Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:22 am

[img]Sometimes it pays to chase a "RUMOR"...... :) - Page 3 Img_1733[/img]

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

Van Halen
    Van Halen

Number of posts : 1785
    Registration date : 2010-04-30

Post by Van Halen Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:24 am

Sometimes it pays to chase a "RUMOR"...... :) - Page 3 Van_0010
    DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Post by DanTheVanMan Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:34 am

Sometimes it pays to chase a "RUMOR"...... :) - Page 3 Rich10

Don,
    Do you know if the mirror bracket on this van was factory? I've never seen it before until I got the picture of my new van which seems to have the same mountings (even though it has "West Coast" mirrors on it). Was that a sportvan item? or just added later?

Sometimes it pays to chase a "RUMOR"...... :) - Page 3 Van_210

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:44 am

Don those mirror aren't stock , they are from JC whitney. I used to have a set
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:23 am

That Blue Van sure looks pretty from far away, but once you pulled up the floor mat, you could see the street,,,,,,,it had a rough life in New York. I even made a slide out window from a GMC Vandura and put it in my right rear door for air,,,,,BUT,,,,,,,that would be when I am parked,,,,,NOT,,,,,,,going down the road and having exhaust sucked in.......

Sometimes it pays to chase a "RUMOR"...... :) - Page 3 Red_0710

Sometimes it pays to chase a "RUMOR"...... :) - Page 3 Rich_011

Sometimes it pays to chase a "RUMOR"...... :) - Page 3 Vanaga21

m1dadio
    m1dadio
    Chevy Guru

Number of posts : 1778
    Registration date : 2008-10-06

Post by m1dadio Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:52 pm

Who owns that green 69 sportvan deluxe?
    That is such a nice van, I want it!

M1D
    67a 100 pickup
    67a 100 pickup

Number of posts : 1319
    Registration date : 2009-01-29

Post by 67a 100 pickup Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:02 pm

The blue van has west coast mirrors from a dodge "A"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 11:20 pm