VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

Found an old Dodge van stowed... should I chase it up?

mercury61
    mercury61

Number of posts : 9
    Registration date : 2013-08-01

Found an old Dodge van stowed... should I chase it up? Empty Found an old Dodge van stowed... should I chase it up?

Post by mercury61 Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:45 pm

Hey - been a while since I last log in here.  I got a issue in whatever or not I should go for this van, tell me what you think? I found though an ad and had exchanged messages with the seller. Went out on a trip one hour's drive.  Arrived and had a good look in the van.

It's a Dodge A-108 Tradesman cargo van. It's in pretty good shape with little rust. However, it is missing both bumpers, seats and some parts. I had already seen the engine running, so it's in good condition - just needs a good tuneup. A few doors could do some swapping as there are some rust on bottom edges.

Here's the thing... the guy said he's gone out of country for work on contact next week,  but will be back in February. If the van is not sold, he said it will stay inside until he is back.  I might or not might get a shot in buying this van from him. Here is one photo showing.

Found an old Dodge van stowed... should I chase it up? 1969DodgeVan-forsale003_zps7fbca390

Dang, I sure like the van since it's in decent shape. But the timing is lousy on my side. tongue
    vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14775
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

Found an old Dodge van stowed... should I chase it up? Empty Re: Found an old Dodge van stowed... should I chase it up?

Post by vanny Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:13 pm

If you don't have the cash now and you think it's a good deal, maybe ask him if he would accept a deposit on it to hold it until he gets back in February. Let him store it out of the weather and then you could pay him the balance when he gets back...Might be worth a shot? Good luck whatever you decide! Keep us posted.

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    Joe Van
    Joe Van
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 4619
    Registration date : 2012-10-11

Found an old Dodge van stowed... should I chase it up? Empty Re: Found an old Dodge van stowed... should I chase it up?

Post by Joe Van Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:22 pm

vanny wrote:If you don't have the cash now and you think it's a good deal, maybe ask him if he would accept a deposit on it to hold it until he gets back in February. Let him store it out of the weather and then you could pay him the balance when he gets back...Might be worth a shot? Good luck whatever you decide! Keep us posted.

Post by mercury61 Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:40 pm

vanny wrote:If you don't have the cash now and you think it's a good deal, maybe ask him if he would accept a deposit on it to hold it until he gets back in February. Let him store it out of the weather and then you could pay him the balance when he gets back...Might be worth a shot? Good luck whatever you decide! Keep us posted.

I did told him that I can put a deposit down on the price he is asking, then close the deal when he is back. No go, as he wanted the full payment all cash in. As I was the only person who actually showed up as said I would. There was another guy on the van but he backed out  (never showed up).

However, he did gave me his business card with his name and his contact number and email. So there is a bit of hope something will work out.

Oh, the van has the 318 engine in there. No radio on dashboard. Just bit of parts inside the back of van. And the van need to be towed on a trailer - front tires were flat with dry rot. Can't drive it on road in its condition.
    Joe Van
    Joe Van
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 4619
    Registration date : 2012-10-11

Post by Joe Van Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:56 pm

JMO..I would wait until he gets back..!!!.. I don't think anyone is going to pay him in full and then wait 5 months to get there Van even if you pay for it and he gives you the title that's "Not a Guarantee" you will actually get the Van then you payed X amount of dollars for a title for a "Old Van"...Again JMO.. Smile .

Post by mercury61 Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:18 am

Joe Van wrote:JMO..I would wait until he gets back..!!!.. I don't think anyone is going to pay him in full and then wait 5 months to get there Van even if you pay for it and he gives you the title that's "Not a Guarantee" you will actually get the Van then you payed X amount of dollars for a title for a "Old Van"...Again JMO.. Smile .

True, that was what I had in mind. I don't have the luxury of time to wrap up the deal in so short time period.  I got to find a place to park this van somewhere near my home, have to rent a trailer to tow, and then there is the paperwork to fill out with documents.  With my work busy full all week - I don't have much time.

So, let say in assuming IF the van is still there by the time the guy is back in Febuaury. I will have time to plan a trip to get it into my hands. Assuming if there's no snow in Febuaury!

Here is another photo.  You can see why I'm after this one. Very Happy It don't need much work on the body.

Found an old Dodge van stowed... should I chase it up? 1969DodgeVan-forsale009_zps80cc5910
    mnghost
    mnghost

Number of posts : 64
    Registration date : 2013-08-28

Post by mnghost Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:47 pm

Joe Van wrote:JMO..I would wait until he gets back..!!!.. I don't think anyone is going to pay him in full and then wait 5 months to get there Van even if you pay for it and he gives you the title that's "Not a Guarantee" you will actually get the Van then you payed X amount of dollars for a title for a "Old Van"...Again JMO.. Smile .

This ^

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 9:37 pm