VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

Door Locks?

southern man
    southern man

Number of posts : 486
    Registration date : 2008-05-21

Door Locks? Empty Door Locks?

Post by southern man Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:47 pm

When I got my '64 it had no door lock in the back door. No big deal, I was able to rob a couple out of my parts van and eventually had all the locks re-keyed. Now that I'm putting them back in I have a curious problem. All of them went in just fine, except for the back door. There doesn't seem to be anything there for the lock assembly to fit into. I can't really see down into the door very well to see what is missing. I have a spare set of side doors that perhaps I can steal the parts from, but I haven't looked at the right one closely enough to see what I even need.

So, is there something different about the rear doors? I notice there isn't an internal lock plunger, like on the side door, so there is no way to lock the doors at this point. I could live with it if I couldn't control it from outside, but I have to be able to lock the back doors in some way.

Anyone have a clue what I need to remedy this??!!!
    sasktrini
    sasktrini

Number of posts : 2067
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Door Locks? Empty Re: Door Locks?

Post by sasktrini Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:20 pm

There is a link that pivots with a knob normally... if you watch it's movement, you will see what to move to lock your rear door from the inside.

The door latch should have the two recesses for your lock cylinder to rest in... one pivot, one for the lock linkage. Sorry, don't have a pick. It can take a bit of trial and error to get both pins on the end of the lock cylinder positioned properly.

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 10:14 pm