VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

Rochester Squirtin gas out the wrong place!!

sparky

Number of posts : 195
    Registration date : 2010-01-05

Rochester Squirtin gas out the wrong place!! Empty Rochester Squirtin gas out the wrong place!!

Post by sparky Sat May 22, 2010 9:21 pm

The Rochester B model in the 66 I have been driving is squirting fuel out the throttle shaft at the front of the carb, is there an affordable replacement carb or am I better off having this one re-built and re-bushed ? will this this even solve the problem? thanx!! Sad
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Rochester Squirtin gas out the wrong place!! Empty Re: Rochester Squirtin gas out the wrong place!!

Post by donivan65 Sun May 23, 2010 6:35 am

Did it just start doing this? There is no gas around the throttle shaft, so it can only suck air and lean out your mixture and not return to the correct idle .
    So that lower bowl gasket could be broken or loose,,,,,,most likely it is a needle/seat/float problem. You can tap on the top while it is running and leaking to see if it stops leaking or take the top off and clean the needle off and check the setting just for TEST PURPOSES. Take the bottom section off and check that gasket. There are 3 carbs that came on the 6 cylinders,,,Rochester B,,,Carter YF,,,,,Rochester Monojet,,,,,,
    sparky

Rochester Squirtin gas out the wrong place!! Empty Re: Rochester Squirtin gas out the wrong place!!

Post by sparky Sun May 23, 2010 7:17 am

thanx, it squirts out when pressing the gas pedal when not running, not when it is running.. i guess the suction sucks it down, top gasket is leaking fuel down the front abit too, and man is it running rich !!!! I feel sorry for the people behind me !
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Post by donivan65 Sun May 23, 2010 8:21 am

Then that would be the accelerator pump doing it's thing,,,,,,take the carb off,,,,,see if a plug did not fall out of the side,,,take the top and bottom off,,,,,see if bolts are stripped or loose,,,,,,see if the float is hitting the sides of the bowl,,,,,,clean the needle off,,,,it is a pretty easy carb to work on,,,,,,,by try the easy stuff 1st,,,,,,,
    sparky

Post by sparky Sun May 23, 2010 8:34 am

Cool, Thanx Don, I will give that a try right now

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 5:06 pm