VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+101
kmac
GregO
greenvan
jrdunn96
32dooscoop
Russell
caleboh
apedave
MelMalzahn
jimmyZ
Van crazy
whalemstr
hdewey
G-10 Ron
douglas_sisk
uante
292fan
billywhiskey
BoogieMann
OutofSight
mrkil
Billy Pilgrim
samsvan
Rust Bucket Retro
!6!
SKIDMARK
The Ronin
65EconoTime
VeronaVermin
Economan64
Vancy65
wideload
RF Man
Vannin Ken
A100 Wrench
TonyfromEngland
mnghost
Dirtstar1
troubledz
vrod64
SportVan
Joe Van
hutch73
campin'fool 2
Wheelie
vanny
Dingeldeins
kartrac3r
1040imp
Edoz
westcoastvanner
dodge man
vanman2
MisterDavid
kristuphir
CraigK
Schoessow
Corvanman
8Ball
CorvanDann
Barnabas
Daytona-Airbrush
66ThunderVan
dix
whopman
Linoman
SuperJason
Big Dog
Rayallen
Scott
Mike's_MysteryMachine
steviemonster
slowflapper
heretic
EconoCarl
Big W
Farmer
MarioWink
StuNami
Mr Hill Billy
donivan65
Stuntman
hotrodbeebe423
econopoor
Van Halen
pittsdriver
BvrWally
Optik
Vanish
Digz
itruns
lectricman
rustrocket84
DanTheVanMan
66BC
BILLS66
Nightmoves
G-Man
Hawkrod
Admin
105 posters

Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com!

Big W
    Big W

Number of posts : 3282
    Registration date : 2011-01-13

Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com! - Page 13 Empty Re: Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com!

Post by Big W Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:39 pm

Welcome to VV RF Man. When you can post us a pic of your trucks. Best place in town for info and parts, you're going to enjoy it here. cheers 
    Vancy65
    Vancy65

Number of posts : 47
    Registration date : 2014-03-10

Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com! - Page 13 Empty Re: Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com!

Post by Vancy65 Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:23 pm

Hi folks, I'm the new guy from Germany. I found this forum at google when I was searching for informations about my last year bought Econoline.
    I finaly signed in when I get in contact with fmc56 at ebay, he is helping me with getting parts for my van, what is not easy in Germany. Thanks alot.
    I really like this forum, find so many informations and helpful advices. I will try to share my experiences, too.
    Now to my van. It's a '65 Econoline Panel? 4 Door? (rear right side double doors) heavy duty with the 240 and a C4 auto tranny. It has a Clifford intake with a Holley double barrel carb, Clifford? 6 to 2 headers. Rolls on Shelby Cali 500 slotted mags with 195/70 R14 tires on front and 245/60 R14 on rear.
    I bought my Ford last fall in Hamburg, Germany after it arrived straight from LA, so he's in SoCal condition. The rubber parts are hard as rocks but it has no rust.
    At the moment I'm stripping it and collecting and restoring missing and damaged parts, and painting the inside. I gonna keep the bleeched out blue color on the outside with the pinstripping. I really would find out the story of this van. It seems to be a survivor of the early 70's vannin' era, with all it's fure inside and the nice pinstripping fragments on the outside.
    I try to put up some pictures when I learned how that works (Spent to much time in the garage instead of learn to handle that "internet thing"  Wink
    That's all for the beginnin'. Now, let's have a good time together.
    And, please correct me if I form sentences that makes no sense or use wrong words, I ever try to improve my english, thank you.
    Vancy65
    Vancy65

Post by Vancy65 Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:35 pm

Learned it. That was easy.
    The van when I bought him/it? in Hamburg.
    Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com! - Page 13 Imgp3910
    Vancy65
    Vancy65

Post by Vancy65 Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:43 pm

Inside.
    Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com! - Page 13 Imgp4011
    dodge man
    dodge man

Number of posts : 2036
    Registration date : 2012-08-08

Post by dodge man Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:46 pm

very nice van, looks real straight, keep the pictures coming as you work on it,,
    vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14775
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

Post by vanny Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:47 pm

Welcome to VV, Vancy65!! That looks like a fine specimen! Don't worry, you speak vintage vans very well! That well worn paint looks really nice and I don't blame you for keeping it the way it is. Fred, fmc56, is a great contact for you. He's very helpful to a lot of folks with Econolines! There are many helpful folks on this site and I think you'll be very happy here!!! Keep the pics coming as you progress...We love pics here!

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    Big W
    Big W

Post by Big W Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:30 pm

Welcome to VV vancy65. Your van looks great and I would keep that paint as well. Keep those pics coming as you move along on your project.
    A100 Wrench
    A100 Wrench

Number of posts : 572
    Registration date : 2013-05-12

Post by A100 Wrench Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:40 pm

Welcome and enjoy the adventure.
    Vanish
    Vanish
    Admin

Number of posts : 5155
    Registration date : 2008-05-02

Post by Vanish Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:18 pm

Welcome in !!!!!!!

wideload
    wideload
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 1388
    Registration date : 2008-05-11

Post by wideload Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:32 pm

Welcome to VV Vancy65!!!!!

Just a little help with the pic's, when you post a pic if you choose, Resize Image, 640 px width(for websites), the the pic's won't be chopped off.

Nightmoves
    Nightmoves

Number of posts : 2214
    Registration date : 2008-11-17

Post by Nightmoves Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:23 pm

Welcome to vintage vans , Vancy .Looks like you have a pretty nice Econoline to work with.
    Ask away with questions there's plenty of folks that'll help you along.And we all enjoy pictures.
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:00 am

WELCOME!!!
    Economan64
    Economan64

Number of posts : 15
    Registration date : 2014-03-04

Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com! - Page 13 Empty First Restoration Need All Sorts of Help and Advice

Post by Economan64 Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:35 pm

Hi, I'm Economan64, the proud new owner of a 1964 Econoline, automatic, 6 door, base model, that needs a lot of TLC.  I'm up for the challenge but need a lot of help and advice.  

She starts rite up and stops with new brakes I did today BUT:

~her rain gutters are rusted thru in a five. five inch sections and I can see sun light thru four spots mostly where the side meets the roof.  CAN I CUT OFF the rain gutters and weld the roof and sides together ?  The rains hurt me last week and I cant start my interior work until I handle the body work.  Duct tape for now.

~im looking for a differentail for a 7 1/2" rear end for an automatic with a S170, C4,  is there anything else I should reference in my search and maybe a site to go to ?  she growls a little but Im fine for now with my local road driving.

~looks like I need a front transmission seal but was told if Im going to do this, I should just rebuild the tranny at the same time. I also need the tranny mount but thats an EZ find or is there an alternative to this specific part ?

any advice on an OC or LA location for either of the above ?

Im stoked and will post pix as soon as I can.

REALLY appreciate any advice and being part of the Van community.

Happy Trails, Economan64
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:52 am

WELCOME TO VV!!!
    Big W
    Big W

Post by Big W Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:56 am

Welcome to VV Economan64. Once we see your pics, those that have done the rain gutters will be able to direct you in the right direction. 7 day waite for posting, but the Ford guys will get you squared away. You have come to the right place. Lots of knowledge in here.
    vanny
    vanny

Post by vanny Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:15 am

Welcome to Vintage Vans Economan64! Sounds like you're already off the starting line and running full steam ahead. You'll find plenty of help and advise on this site. Glad to see another one is being brought back to life.

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    dodge man
    dodge man

Post by dodge man Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:16 am

WELCOME !!
    Economan64
    Economan64

Post by Economan64 Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:13 am

BIG W, THX for fast reply. Il set up a page with lots of pix .She can be saved but I need to be as resourceful as possible. Youl get a good idea afte I post. Keep on keepin on !
    Economan64
    Economan64

Post by Economan64 Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:03 pm

Big W wrote:Welcome to VV Economan64. Once we see your pics, those that have done the rain gutters will be able to direct you in the right direction. 7 day waite for posting, but the Ford guys will get you squared away. You have come to the right place. Lots of knowledge in here.

Hey @Big W, Just posted some pics on Member Gallery. Here's the link: http://vintage-vans.smugmug.com/Econoline/Econoline-1964-WIP

Is there any other place I need to post my pix?
    Economan64
    Economan64

Post by Economan64 Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:07 pm

Thanks for the welcome. I posted some pix to the Member Gallery. Here's the link:

http://vintage-vans.smugmug.com/Econoline/Econoline-1964-WIP

Please let me know if I'm should be posting elsewhere.

VeronaVermin
    VeronaVermin

Number of posts : 1
    Registration date : 2014-04-28

Post by VeronaVermin Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:31 pm

Hello everyone, my name is Chris, i met Chopper Tom at the rat rod rumble this past weekend and found out bout ya'll. I have a 1970 G10 with a 250 6cyl/350 turbo, has 4 barrel, headers, side pipes with flame throwers. Van is nowhere near perfect but i love driving it. We also have a 1965 A100 truck that we'll be fixin up for my son Bradley.
    Big W
    Big W

Post by Big W Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:14 pm

Welcome to VV Chris. When you can, show us some pics. Weed love to see it.
    vanny
    vanny

Post by vanny Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:14 am

Welcome to Vintage Vans Chris! Seems like we see quite a few Vintage Vans come up for sale in Tennessee...Y'all must have an appreciation for these gems!

Can't wait to see some pics of your van and the APup! You'll find a lot of great helpful folks here, so just ask any questions along the way and people are happy to help out.

Great to hear you'll be starting Bradley out with one of these as well. We need youngblood to appreciate these as well.

Nightmoves
    Nightmoves

Number of posts : 2214
    Registration date : 2008-11-17

Post by Nightmoves Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:24 am

Welcome to V-V,Chris.Great to have another fellow Tennessean here.Lookin forward to your posts and pics.Enjoy building with your son along with you.
    dodge man
    dodge man

Post by dodge man Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:08 am

WELCOME TO VV CHRIS !!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:43 am