VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+101
kmac
GregO
greenvan
jrdunn96
32dooscoop
Russell
caleboh
apedave
MelMalzahn
jimmyZ
Van crazy
whalemstr
hdewey
G-10 Ron
douglas_sisk
uante
292fan
billywhiskey
BoogieMann
OutofSight
mrkil
Billy Pilgrim
samsvan
Rust Bucket Retro
!6!
SKIDMARK
The Ronin
65EconoTime
VeronaVermin
Economan64
Vancy65
wideload
RF Man
Vannin Ken
A100 Wrench
TonyfromEngland
mnghost
Dirtstar1
troubledz
vrod64
SportVan
Joe Van
hutch73
campin'fool 2
Wheelie
vanny
Dingeldeins
kartrac3r
1040imp
Edoz
westcoastvanner
dodge man
vanman2
MisterDavid
kristuphir
CraigK
Schoessow
Corvanman
8Ball
CorvanDann
Barnabas
Daytona-Airbrush
66ThunderVan
dix
whopman
Linoman
SuperJason
Big Dog
Rayallen
Scott
Mike's_MysteryMachine
steviemonster
slowflapper
heretic
EconoCarl
Big W
Farmer
MarioWink
StuNami
Mr Hill Billy
donivan65
Stuntman
hotrodbeebe423
econopoor
Van Halen
pittsdriver
BvrWally
Optik
Vanish
Digz
itruns
lectricman
rustrocket84
DanTheVanMan
66BC
BILLS66
Nightmoves
G-Man
Hawkrod
Admin
105 posters

Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com!

Edoz
    Edoz

Number of posts : 18
    Registration date : 2012-09-30

Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com! - Page 8 Empty New van owner in Tulsa

Post by Edoz Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:15 pm

Hi, I took possession of my new 69 Chevy G10 today.
    I'm looking forward to doing some work to it, and I've got a lot of ideas. Some of them might even be good ideas:)
    If they aren't, I'm sure I'll find better ideas here.
    dodge man
    dodge man

Number of posts : 2036
    Registration date : 2012-08-08

Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com! - Page 8 Empty Re: Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com!

Post by dodge man Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:40 pm

WELCOME TEACH AND EDOZ THIS IS A GREAT SITE ALL THE GUYS ON HERE ARE WILLING TO HELP WITH ANY PROBLEMS YOU MIGHT HAVE, GOD KNOWS I USE THERE HELP ALOT,
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com! - Page 8 Empty Re: Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com!

Post by G-Man Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:25 pm

Welcome!!! How about a picture
    Edoz
    Edoz

Number of posts : 18
    Registration date : 2012-09-30

Post by Edoz Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:11 pm

G-Man wrote:Welcome!!! How about a picture

Here ya go.

Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com! - Page 8 %255BUNSET%255D
    1040imp
    1040imp

Number of posts : 42
    Registration date : 2012-09-24

Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com! - Page 8 Empty A100 in Scotland

Post by 1040imp Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:30 am

Hello from Scotland everybody. Great site!

I have just bought a 64 A100 van which is fairly rare over here.

The van was originally from Fresno CA I believe and it shows because it is totally rust free.

I'm in the process of getting it roadworthy but the plan is to do a camper conversion.

Apologies for the picture quality. It's a tight squeeze in my garage!

https://s546.photobucket.com/albums/hh401/1040imp/

Are there any other A100 owners from the UK on here?

Cheers,

Hugh
    dodge man
    dodge man

Post by dodge man Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:47 am

nice looking van, welcome to VV
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:03 am

1040 Welcome!!! I know there are a few Econoline members here from the UK, but not sure about A100's. Nice van
    Big W
    Big W

Number of posts : 3282
    Registration date : 2011-01-13

Post by Big W Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:36 pm

Welcome To VV 1040. That's one nice looking van you have there. From one Scot to another..."Virtue Mine Honour".

Post by Guest Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:16 pm

Hey I'm Newbie here. The icon on the right pretty much explains where I'm at on my van. I don't have one yet.
    I'm looking to buy either a 1961-1970 E or G series. I'm shopping the ads, looking to spend $3500-4500 on a good running van, does not have to be perfect but I'm looking to buy something with minimal rust. I can wrench but I'm no body man.
    I'll search the forum for more info but I want to ask up front, what issues should I be looking for before buying?
    Are certain years more difficult to buy parts for?
    My goal is to have a good daily driver, I'll be hauling vintage Vespa scooters in the back, making an occasional road trip but mostly driving locally.
    Will a straight 6 motor do what I need? AT vs Manual Transmission?
    I'm new to American vintage vans, I had many VW Bugs and Buses so I guess I'll have to breakout my standard tools.
    Your guidance is appreciated. Thanks.

dodge man
    dodge man

Post by dodge man Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:32 pm

welcome to VV, check craigs list and e bay you might find one you like, i have always been a chevy guy, but fell in love with my dodge 108, mostly because the body work was done, theres still plenty of mechanical work to do, they are still out there,
    kartrac3r
    kartrac3r

Number of posts : 2
    Registration date : 2012-10-31

Post by kartrac3r Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:25 am

Previous site browser, new registry member. Been struck with the van bug 18 months ago. finally decided to chase after an a100 window van. Been googling, craiglisting, ebaying for one that fits my style. this site comes up often in my searches so I thought I better join and get some inside info if and when I get one. I'll try and keep you members informed as well if any local sales come up. last summer there was a 'decent" G-van SWB for sale $1000 for the shell. it moved acrossed town, but am not sure if it's sold or just moved (for sale sign is laying on the floor of the vehicle). anyways I look forward to dropping by and looking for listings here and to pick you guys' brains.

Aaron

Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com! - Page 8 Empty NEW TO THE SITE WANTED TO SAY HELLO

Post by Guest Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:52 am

IM NEW TO THE SITE, A GGOD FRIEND TURNED ME ON TO IT AS HE HAS A 65 G10 CHEVY VAN AND I JUST ACQUIRED A TOTALLY ORIG 61 CORVAIR95 VAN. ALL NEW TO ME WILL HAVE LOTS OF QUESTIONS AS I KNOW NOTHING OF THESE VANS. LOOKING FORWARD TO LEARNING AND MEETING YOU ALL. THANKS!!
    Big W
    Big W

Post by Big W Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:06 am

Welcome to VV Bigwood666. When you get a chance be sure to post some pics, as we would like to see your new ride. There are a few corvair owners in here and I'm sure they will be able to help you get started.
    Dingeldeins
    Dingeldeins

Number of posts : 20
    Registration date : 2013-02-19

Post by Dingeldeins Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:35 pm

Hi!
    I´m new here on the forum! I´m from Germany and bought a ´67 A 100 about a year ago. The Van´s from Ca, bought it from a dealer in the Netherlands.
    It´s in a quite good condition, engine´s running - but still there´s a lot of work to do, to get her street-legal for German law!
    Hope to find some good hints and lots of information for my project.
    Over here in 'Good old Germany' sometimes it´s even hard to get parts, it´s even harder to find somebody who owns a vintage van too!
    So - keep on vannin'

Achim
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:49 pm

Welcome!!! We do have a few members around you I think in the Netherlands
    Dingeldeins
    Dingeldeins

Number of posts : 20
    Registration date : 2013-02-19

Post by Dingeldeins Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:14 pm

Hi G-Man!
    Thanks for the warm welcome.
    I´ve allready noticed one guy from Belgium on the forum, who owns an A in excelent condition!
    vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14775
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

Post by vanny Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:37 pm

Welcome aboard Dingeldeins! Lots of very helpful people on this site. Congrats on the awesome looking Dodge Very Happy

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    dodge man
    dodge man

Post by dodge man Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:05 pm

WELCOME TO VV !! cheers
    Big W
    Big W

Post by Big W Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:06 pm

Welcome to VV Dingeideins. Great looking ride. Looking forward to more pics as you continue on this journey.
    Vanish
    Vanish
    Admin

Number of posts : 5155
    Registration date : 2008-05-02

Post by Vanish Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:08 pm

W
    E
    L
    C IN ... Germany .......
    O
    M
    E

Nightmoves
    Nightmoves

Number of posts : 2214
    Registration date : 2008-11-17

Post by Nightmoves Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:58 pm

Welcome in , Dingeldeins.Always great to see a new member, more especially from other side of the pond , with their foreign vehicle. (To them it's foreign)
    Wheelie
    Wheelie

Number of posts : 322
    Registration date : 2013-02-22

Post by Wheelie Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:50 pm

HI, Im Cory from Texas. I just picked up a 66 Dodge A100 Van, slant six, offenhauser 4 barrel intake, edelbrock carb, split headers w/ dual exhaust. Slot mags as you can see. Cool Story behind the van as it was a one owner van used as an electrical supply company until the owner gave it to his son during the 70's as a high school ride. Thats where it probably got all the performance goodies and retro dual sun roofs and side windows in the rear and rear fender fiberglass flares which I got with it. It sat on blocks since '82 due to brake issues. I dId a compression test, cleaned the plugs and I got it running today and it runs pretty good! Im fixing the brakes tomorrow so I can put it around the block. Can't wait! I have wanted one of these a long time. I couldn't get there fast enough with the $1000 I paid! Here it is on the blocks in the position it sat for 31 years.
    Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com! - Page 8 Photo_zpsb76980ee
    Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com! - Page 8 Photo_zps086b1c16
    Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com! - Page 8 Photo_zps4d38140e

Last edited by Wheelie on Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
    vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14775
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

Post by vanny Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:15 pm

welcome Cory and Congrats on an excellent looking Dodge! It's great to see these kinds of deals still out there. Now you can work to get it the way you want it. There's lots of great folks on this site ready to answer any questions. Just don't forget to keep the pics coming as you progress!
    Vanny

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:35 pm

Welcome!!!!
    campin'fool 2
    campin'fool 2

Number of posts : 252
    Registration date : 2013-02-02

Post by campin'fool 2 Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:48 pm

Yes.... Welcome!! Just between you and I the A100's are the coolest, toughest and just all around...well welcome to here...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:11 pm