VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+10
66BC
rustrocket84
BajaCharlie
donivan65
richie61
LiveWire64
RodStRace
G-Man
wacko
Vanish
14 posters

Calling all So... Cal Earlys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Calling  all  So... Cal  Earlys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Calling all So... Cal Earlys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Guest Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:49 am

I'm in and Sept 26 works for me!
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 1731
    Registration date : 2008-05-01

Calling  all  So... Cal  Earlys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Calling all So... Cal Earlys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Admin Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:02 am

Oh how cool! Great idea Vanish! I can do Sept 26th Very Happy

Maybe we can get some stuff together to raffle off Wink

A campground would be good for those who want to cruise in the day before. I'm headed to a different event the end of this month and we are having it at a KOA campground.

Route 66 sounds like a blast, but I'm afraid we'd get lost in the masses, even from each other since some of us can only attend for the day... and just my opinion here, the Pomona Swap meet is kinda "dirty"
    BajaCharlie
    BajaCharlie

Number of posts : 619
    Registration date : 2010-01-07

Post by BajaCharlie Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:23 am

[quote="donivan65"]So Brad, tell me about what you guys do at this event near Temecula. You camp out for 3 days? Do you have people stop in for a day? Do you have to pay for all 3 days?
    Yes we camp all weekend along with several other clubs.In the past we have had guys who only show up for the car show so you dont have to stay all weekend but you'll have to talk to brad about the price stuff I missed the last meeting.

Post by Guest Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:29 pm

9/26 looks good to me!

Post by Guest Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:43 am

I'm in the SFV and can do anything that starts early enough so I can show up a bit before I have to go to work. I could round up a couple other vanners...
    BajaCharlie
    BajaCharlie

Calling  all  So... Cal  Earlys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Talked to Knott's Berry Farm today

Post by BajaCharlie Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:29 pm

the lady said $12 a spot for the parking lot rental usually 2 spots per car.They have a wonderful shaded grass parkinglot behind the park we could use.What do ya guys think?lots of close food/lodging too.Calling  all  So... Cal  Earlys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 00211Calling  all  So... Cal  Earlys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 00312
    VANagain
    VANagain

Number of posts : 1046
    Registration date : 2008-05-16

Post by VANagain Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:22 am

I will definitely attend a SoCal Early van-in! That Knot's Berry Farm camp area sure looks nice! Would we be able to reserve space there?

I BETTER have my van on the road by September! I'm hoping for the first test drive on Memorial Day weekend.
    Vanish
    Vanish
    Admin

Number of posts : 5155
    Registration date : 2008-05-02

Post by Vanish Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:34 am

Looks Like a Great spot !!!!!!!! We need to make this happen ... I Just would like to make sure the Date is Good with every one .... we Need every one Possible to show up to this ....... PLEASE Confirm that you can make this event !!!!! and the Date set is Good with every one !!!!!

LiveWire64
    LiveWire64

Number of posts : 244
    Registration date : 2009-03-17

Post by LiveWire64 Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:45 am

Guess the Knott's location would mean just a 1-day get together. That's cool if it brings out the vans.
    The Sept date is good for me. Let me know if you need any help. Maybe I can draw up a flier for this. Keep me in the loop. Brad

Post by Guest Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:33 am

I'm in and the date works for us.
    richie61
    richie61

Number of posts : 445
    Registration date : 2010-01-04

Post by richie61 Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:28 pm

Count me in. I'll limp there somehow!
    BajaCharlie
    BajaCharlie

Post by BajaCharlie Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:45 pm

The Knott's people said we could spend the night but they wiill want to have security which would cost extra.I'm lookin in to Hidden Valley Park now I'll let ya know how it turns out.
    LiveWire64
    LiveWire64

Number of posts : 244
    Registration date : 2009-03-17

Post by LiveWire64 Tue May 04, 2010 3:59 pm

Bumping to the top!
    Vanish
    Vanish
    Admin

Post by Vanish Tue May 04, 2010 4:10 pm

Seems Like the Date will work .... So lets move on to the next step !!!!! Charlie ??? Get any word on the other spot ????? if not Lets start making Plans !!!!!!!!!!! were will we have this .... I was thinking Vail Lake was an option .... But the Lady hasn't called me Back yet .... I will call her again in the next Day or two !!!!!!!!! Unless you have any other Ideas ?????

gravesj

Number of posts : 34
    Registration date : 2009-02-11

Post by gravesj Tue May 04, 2010 8:04 pm

I am in also. I will see who else I can round up around here...
    BajaCharlie
    BajaCharlie

Post by BajaCharlie Thu May 06, 2010 5:20 pm

well hidden valley park in Irvine is inexpensive $1000 to $1500 a show and flexible on size but doesnt have overnight events.its an awsome venue though I have been there for many VW shows and it rocks. http://www.james-events.com/hiddenvalley.html

Post by Guest Thu May 06, 2010 6:30 pm

Yucaipa Regional park has overnight camping and two lakes. Not far off the I10 freeway in Yucaipa.

Post by Guest Thu May 06, 2010 6:40 pm

Canyon RV park has overnight camping, I was camping there one year when there was a "bug-in". They also have dog shows there, so a van-in would be doable. Its in the Santa Ana canyon by Anaheim Hills.
    BajaCharlie
    BajaCharlie

Post by BajaCharlie Thu May 06, 2010 8:04 pm

one thing is will this be a guys who own vans meet or a vanner meet.I have been assuming it was a 2% style vanner thing so I was keeping in mind guys getting loud and drinkin late into the night wich means we need to being alone in a place that allows alchohol.If we plan ahead we may be welcome back the next time.Can I get some input on the type of gathering and if were gonna spend the night or weekend or are we gonna have a trophy style van show with classes like chevy,ford,dodge,under construction and early enough.The place will be decided by what we wanna do.At van runs even the games can get pretty loud and rowdy not to mention the stereos.
    Vanish
    Vanish
    Admin

Post by Vanish Thu May 06, 2010 8:23 pm

WE Need to find .... (That Place).... and some where we we be welcomed Back .... This event is way over due ..... and all Ideas are welcome ... if this is done right ... the van Gods will smile ...... and me too.... Now we have a date . now we need a Location .... and then event Plans .... Any Ideas Guys ..... ??? Early vans and early enough Sounds Great .... I Don't Drink MUCH any more.. But Could have a social couple .... You Guys want to camp ??? or Just a Day thing is fine with me ... Raffle ??? BBQ.... AND JUST GOOD COMPANY SOUNDS REAL GOOD TO ME !!!!!!

Post by Guest Thu May 06, 2010 9:01 pm

I think we should make it a weekend...............like Friday-Sunday, with Saturday being the main event. But, anything is good with me. I know that we can reserve an area a Canyon Park so that we can be as noisy as we want.
    BajaCharlie
    BajaCharlie

Post by BajaCharlie Fri May 07, 2010 12:14 am

I think a run(weekend long event) is a good idea but we need to accomodate the guys who just wanna show up for the sunday show too like not charging full pop to guys who just wanna show but can't spend the weekend.I say we need dash plaques too(just luv um).I like canyon park too whats it cost for renting a group area?
    BajaCharlie
    BajaCharlie

Post by BajaCharlie Fri May 07, 2010 12:17 am

1rst we need to put some one in charge a guy who makes final decisions and handles the $.I haven't heard anyone offically claim responsibility yet.Is that Vanish's job?
    BajaCharlie
    BajaCharlie

Post by BajaCharlie Fri May 07, 2010 12:48 am

Oh and motorhomes are only allowed if your towin a van.
    Vanish
    Vanish
    Admin

Post by Vanish Fri May 07, 2010 7:41 am

That Could be my Job ..... Good to have something Going here !!!!! We need to check on Prices .... See how much it will cost ... and MAKE PLANS....... Wink

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 11:50 am