VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+10
66BC
rustrocket84
BajaCharlie
donivan65
richie61
LiveWire64
RodStRace
G-Man
wacko
Vanish
14 posters

Calling all So... Cal Earlys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vanish
    Vanish
    Admin

Number of posts : 5155
    Registration date : 2008-05-02

Calling  all  So... Cal  Earlys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty Calling all So... Cal Earlys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Vanish Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:41 pm

O.K. Guys ... We Need a So Cal EARLYS Gathering ... And Just wanted to Test the water Here ..... Spring is here, summers around the Corner .... and it's Time we Got something Going here !!!!! We need to get a Plan together Here... Time Place and a Date ... So if you So cal Guy's Want to... AND ARE interested ????? Lets get some Ideas Out on the Table here ..... On when and where Would be the Best Place to hold an event like this ... FOR ALL A's G's E's .......... Come on guys lets make this WORK ....... ISN'T IT TIME ?????????????

Calling  all  So... Cal  Earlys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: Calling all So... Cal Earlys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Guest Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:52 pm

With enough warning I can be there! Sold the Ranger this week, so I have a little extra $$$ for some tires and gettin the Centerlines soda blasted.
    wacko
    wacko

Number of posts : 423
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Calling  all  So... Cal  Earlys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: Calling all So... Cal Earlys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by wacko Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:04 pm

What about Northern CA and maybe some of us from up north could make it?
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:07 pm

wacko I'm sure all that could make this meet would be welcome. I'm excited just seeing something in the works. With all the vans out there should be a good show.
    Vanish
    Vanish
    Admin

Post by Vanish Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:10 pm

Wacko ... That's what we need to know ..... Those Kind of things ..... This is Open for Discussion ..... No Plans are made yet .. But Would Like to be where as Many people as Possible can make it ..... We Can Pull this off ....

RodStRace
    RodStRace

Number of posts : 3046
    Registration date : 2010-01-21

Post by RodStRace Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:21 am

It would be a bit of a haul for me, and mine is apart and ugly right now.
    Look for dates that don't conflict with other major shows or family outings.
    So Cal event calenders tend to be full. Avoid the stuff that vanners may have plans for and you will have better turnout.
    http://www.socalcarculture.com/events.html

You could also piggyback an event. Say the Adams Ave. Street Fair in San Diego http://adamsaveonline.com/StreetFair/

Or one of the Long Beach or Pomona Swap Meets.
    https://toppingevents.com/carswap.asp
    http://www.pomonaswapmeet.com/future_events.php
    LiveWire64
    LiveWire64

Number of posts : 244
    Registration date : 2009-03-17

Post by LiveWire64 Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:30 am

Hey Vanish!
    Vanning season will start here in Cali in May & continue till Oct.
    There are van runs all over Cali that I will be attending.
    Would love to see an early get together ,maybe a weekend get together somewhere in So. Cal. Keep me posted on dates & hopefully they won't coincide with another van run date. Brad
    Vanish
    Vanish
    Admin

Post by Vanish Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:00 am

Brad ... I Could definitely Use your Input here ...... Can't Wait to meet you and your Group .... Let's Look the Calendar over and Put something together...... You Guys still meet at Toms ???? Anyway ... Lets do this thing .........

richie61
    richie61

Number of posts : 445
    Registration date : 2010-01-04

Post by richie61 Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:32 am

Since I work in the printing indusrty I have a few shirt vendors that make t-shirts and could get pricing if anyone would be interested, as long as it doesn't conflict with the club I would be happy to look into it. If I have to tow my dam van....I will be thare!
    Vanish
    Vanish
    Admin

Post by Vanish Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:39 am

Richie61 ... Sounds Great !!!! Can't wait to meet up with you ..... We will need everyone's Input and help on this .. to Pull it off ... we need to Start Planning This thing out !!!!!!!

Post by Guest Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:03 pm

We could hold it at a campground, so that people coming from a distance can crash for the night.
    Vanish
    Vanish
    Admin

Post by Vanish Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:52 pm

O.k ... How about Sept 26 ???? Check your Calendars !!!!!!!!!

LiveWire64
    LiveWire64

Number of posts : 244
    Registration date : 2009-03-17

Post by LiveWire64 Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:49 pm

Vanish wrote:O.k ... How about Sept 26 ???? Check your Calendars !!!!!!!!!

That weekend works for me. Brad

Post by Guest Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:14 pm

May have something going, its not firmed up yet though.
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Post by donivan65 Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:24 pm

I vote we not have it in Twin Peaks,,,,,Does the snow start falling again by September, MK?

Post by Guest Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:26 pm

Somewhere in the IE would be good since it is pretty much the center of southern Cal and folks from Bakersfield might be able to come. A member of my club has been wanting to do this for a couple of years. He said he might even open up the lot at his business for one and provide restrooms as well.
    BajaCharlie
    BajaCharlie

Number of posts : 619
    Registration date : 2010-01-07

Post by BajaCharlie Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:00 pm

If ya make it in SoCal I'll bring a couple of vans and help out with planning and workin' it and know a great dash plaque guy.lets cruise somewhere too.I also like the piggyback a nonvan event idea so we can increase our fanbase and then hopefully the number of vanners.

Post by Guest Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:07 pm

How about having it at the Route 66 Rendezvous in San Bernardino if you want to piggy back it. Over 500,000 people attend and it is a four day event ( street party).

Post by Guest Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:37 pm

donivan65 wrote:I vote we not have it in Twin Peaks,,,,,Does the snow start falling again by September, MK?

Snow doesnt start till late November.....................and then its usually just 1 storm before January. After that all bets are off! Calling  all  So... Cal  Earlys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_clown
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:42 pm

That weather up there sure cuts into your cruising time,,,,,,,,

Post by Guest Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:31 pm

donivan65 wrote:That weather up there sure cuts into your cruising time,,,,,,,,

Thats why we're thinkin on moving off the hill!
    rustrocket84

Number of posts : 13
    Registration date : 2010-04-07

Post by rustrocket84 Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:20 pm

I'm in minus any major holidays as I seem to get forced to work. Let me know what I can do to help. I found a cool out in the middle of nowhere really campground off of Hwy 38 just up the hill from Angeles Oaks going toward Big Bear. Not sure of prices and other information but I'd be willing to hunt that down. Nice little river in an oak and pine forested area. Wife and I were exploring the area last June or so and we stumbled across it.
    66BC
    66BC

Number of posts : 159
    Registration date : 2010-01-05

Post by 66BC Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:14 pm

Another one in. I have a lot to do to make my van a traveler. I guess I better get to work. Camp grounding and piggy backing an event sounds like fun.
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:39 pm

So Brad, tell me about what you guys do at this event near Temecula. You camp out for 3 days? Do you have people stop in for a day? Do you have to pay for all 3 days?

Calling  all  So... Cal  Earlys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dazed10
    Vanish
    Vanish
    Admin

Post by Vanish Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:57 am

Alright Guy's all of these Ideas Sound Good ..... So if were Gonna Pull this off ... we need to Start By Looking at a Date that Fits Most every one ... Then we Can Take the next step .... on figuring out where to have this thing Happen ... so Look your Calendars over !!!!! Late sept Like the 26 ?????? Remember some of us will need a little Time to get Ready for this ......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 2:41 am