VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+2
sasktrini
wacko
6 posters

wiring help

wacko
    wacko

Number of posts : 423
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

wiring help - Page 2 Empty Re: wiring help

Post by wacko Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:30 pm

Ok, so it is the highbeam light that is not working. I will have to check in the morning if I get power to it when the high beams are on.

Thanks again Don
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Post by donivan65 Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:30 pm

That high beam wire comes from the dimmer switch,,,,,,,when you step on the switch, it sends power to the high beam filaments in your headlights and up to that socket,,,,,,start there. And those other gauges,,,,,well ammeters are useless,,,,,,,so are oil pressure gauges,,,,,,,,use the idiot light,,,,,,Temperature gauge and Voltmeter are important,,,,,,,and if you want to check those gauges out, you got 3 circuits in each gauge,,,,,,they all have to have power and a bulb
    to light them up,,,,,,,,then each one has to have a sender to relay the information back to the gauge. I would see that each gauge has power from the ignition switch. The Temp gauge could be manual and so could the oil pressure. Get rid of that Ammeter,,,,,,you are just asking for trouble with it,,,,,,,it tells you nothing,,,,,,you could be putting 20 volts in the battery and killing it and the dumb ammeter says " look I'm charging",,,,,,,
    wacko
    wacko

Number of posts : 423
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Post by wacko Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:52 am

Ok, highbeam light works. When working on the warning light, there are two wires going into the fixture. One to the bottom centre and one to side, when using my test light with the key on, it lights when I touch it to the side connection but not the bottom centre connection. When I put a bulb in it does not light up???
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Post by donivan65 Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:03 am

There is 1 hot wire to the bulb from the ignition,,,,the other goes to the oil and temp senders and the voltage regulator,,,,,,so you need to ground the sender wires,,,,,,,if they are still there,,,,,or maybe they are unhooked because those other gauges senders are in there now,,,,,,but grounding the wire at the sender and the #4 wire on the regulator, should make those dash lights come on if the wiring is good,,,,,,,,,,

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 4:26 am