VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

Replacemet front spindles?

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 1731
    Registration date : 2008-05-01

Replacemet front spindles? Empty Replacemet front spindles?

Post by Admin Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:10 pm

This was emailed in to me. Anyone know?

Hi:
    I have quick question. Is there anyone making replacement front spindles for the 65 chevy G-10 van

Thanks Bill

Replacemet front spindles? Empty Re: Replacemet front spindles?

Post by Guest Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:21 pm

not that i am aware of
    spindles used are tuff to find too because the kingpins can be such a pain to pull em
    i have always wondered if there was another application that they are the same but pretty sure van is van and spindles are one of the tuff ones to find
    Kakster
    Kakster

Number of posts : 236
    Registration date : 2008-05-18

Post by Kakster Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:47 pm

speedwaymotors.com has reproduction chevy car spindles. If one could get all the dimensions on the ones offered and the G-10 type then you could see if they were a match. I realize this is a long shot. Another approach is if the outfit making the ones speeway offers is willing to make ones to fit the G10, again a long shot.

If enough vanners are needing them then a limited production run of say 20 sets (a la M1Dadio disc brake brackets) might be enough to get the machinist's interest.

Here is a link: http://www.speedwaymotors.com/p/3302,,_Reproduction-1949-54-Chevy-Car-Spindles.html?itemNo=spindle

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 12:14 am