VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

stainless trim for a custom sportsman

67a 100 pickup
    67a 100 pickup

Number of posts : 1319
    Registration date : 2009-01-29

stainless trim for a custom sportsman Empty stainless trim for a custom sportsman

Post by 67a 100 pickup Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:36 pm

Anyone need pieces of stainless?? I have almost a complete set from an A108 that I am not going to use. You guys get first crack before it goes on ebay. The best idea I have come up with so far for shipping is the get empty carpet tubes and nail a plywood plug in the end. Any other ideas??
    itruns
    itruns

Number of posts : 1605
    Registration date : 2008-07-03

stainless trim for a custom sportsman Empty Re: stainless trim for a custom sportsman

Post by itruns Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:18 pm

PVC tubes and caps.

I thought my bondo spots were from spot welds. Now I'm pretty sure they were from body molding. Don't think I'll do back to that, but now I'm wondering...
    benwah
    benwah

Number of posts : 1135
    Registration date : 2008-07-05

stainless trim for a custom sportsman Empty Re: stainless trim for a custom sportsman

Post by benwah Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:01 am

Empty carpet tube should work well light and cheap! I have used tubes that were for paper, I work in a paper plant. They shread quite a few core tubes every day. Im thinking the carpet tubes must have some kind of plug to keep the tube round, I would use the plugs . I have shipped lots of stainless trim and everyone was happy with the packaging. I also put paper/peanuts what ever is laying around and put some in the tube with the trim so nothing rubs.
    67a 100 pickup
    67a 100 pickup

Number of posts : 1319
    Registration date : 2009-01-29

Post by 67a 100 pickup Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:54 pm

I thought about using it on my pickup, but after pulling it off and seeing all the little leaves, pine needles, dirt, etc. behind it a guy would have to keep the truck in the garage and under cover. Plus you have to wax around it, and I don't like to detail anyway.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:39 pm