VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

gm truck mirror

oo3

Number of posts : 290
    Registration date : 2008-06-01

gm truck mirror Empty gm truck mirror

Post by oo3 Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:58 pm

this past spring took a chance and bought a set of gm truck mirrors - the mounting holes are close to stock dodge pattern
    gm truck mirror DSCN1266
    i figured at worse i would have a set of 5 by 7 mirror heads - the mounting holes were not close enough so i filled 2 holes with jb weld and re drilled - i am happy with the driver side - the passenger side is not a mirror image for the post mount and therefore to far back - i think i may still be able to use it - i am just used to seeing a bit of the side of my own vehicle along with view of other traffic - overall i think its a success - i wanted something not modern and with a decent size head without going with the west jrs -and the crappy aftermarket mirrors that came on my van were pretty much useless- these gm mirrors can be had at lmc - brothers trucks etc - i bought them at truckandcarshop.com just because they were cheaper and i was taking a chance - oo3

gm truck mirror Empty Re: gm truck mirror

Post by Guest Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:51 pm

nice lookin mirror...maybe that's what I'll get for my G10.
    oo3

Number of posts : 290
    Registration date : 2008-06-01

Post by oo3 Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:56 am

i dont see why they wouldnt also work on a gm if you dont mind drilling mounting holes - however a couple guys at vcvc report here http://www.vcvc.org/ubb/Forum2/HTML/002357.html - using them and not liking them - did not see any pics though - i can open my vent window with no problem - oo3

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 4:38 pm