VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

new here and want to buy a '62 econo pick up...

new here and want to buy a '62 econo pick up... Empty new here and want to buy a '62 econo pick up...

Post by Guest Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:37 am

hey guy's

i'm new here but reading some time now, i live in europe in the netherlands and have had many usa trucks in the past and now i have a '65 ford f100 on airride..not much for a showtruck but a lot off fun!!

my eye cought a '62 econoline pick up 6 inline 3 manual and seems to be original and in a good shape and a buddy off mine living in the us wants to check it out for me.

so where to look for??
    what are the usual rustareas and are tose engines strong are spare brake parts and other parts available???
    just like to know were to look for so i don't buy a pile off junk...
    all reply is appreciated..

thanks
    Sy Hollinshead
    Sy Hollinshead

Number of posts : 466
    Registration date : 2008-10-11

new here and want to buy a '62 econo pick up... Empty Re: new here and want to buy a '62 econo pick up...

Post by Sy Hollinshead Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:28 pm

Welcome to yet another person from Holland....

I imported a 64 Econoline last year over to the UK. Parts are not too bad to get hold of as long as you don't mind paying the shipping from the US. You won't find much if anything over here in Europe...!!!
    The straight six engine was a very common engine in the US, and they are pretty strong, but as always they need looking after....

Can't help you with the rust areas, as mine doesn't have any....

Good luck with the search. There are a couple of other people from Holland who posted in this topic fairly recently. Maybe you could try and contact them, as at least one of them has bought a Pickup....

https://vintage-vans.forumotion.com/e-vans-wanted-f25/can-someone-help-me-out-with-this-t3300.htm

Sy

new here and want to buy a '62 econo pick up... Empty Re: new here and want to buy a '62 econo pick up...

Post by Guest Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:59 pm

you can build the stock 6 cyl. to get 200+ HP. Check out : http://www.cliffordperformance.net/ . All parts are fairly easy to get on our early Econos. A lot of us here can help you with that.
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:43 pm

Welcome to the site!!!! Econo's are the easiest to find parts for of the 3 brands, but some parts are still hard to find

Post by Guest Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:30 pm

hi there,,
    i think i'm the guy from holland people are talkin about,,
    got mine in about 2 months ago,,
    i can tell you all about the rust spots ,.,cause mine is rusted everywhere hahaha!!
    it is in a rough state,, but since it's a pickup with not that many difficult sheetmetal,, lots of it is i think easy to reproduce,,
    mine needs a new cabin floor,, bed floor,, side panels at the back,,( got new ones with it for one side)
    the doors and chassis are pretty solid so thats nice,,
    only sad part about it is someone already started on it,, and did a pretty poor job at it,,
    got any questions,, lemmy know,, i live near eindhoven,,
    cheers perry

Post by Guest Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:09 am

hey perry the econoline was sold before i got my hands on it still searching for a solid one..got a '65 ford f100 bagged on transport to holland right now so a nice toy to play with for now but still looking for a sharp econo..

i live 40 km away from you...
    will come over when the f100 is ready to rock and roll.

thanks

Post by Guest Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:13 am

yeah you do that!!
    always good to see one with youre own eyes,,
    although mine is not much to look at hahaha!!
    i already have 302ci v8 in it,, bought it with the truck,, still gotta fit it i little better, but that's maybe something you might like also,,
    have you looked in the for sale section here?
    i know there is a pickup for sale here which is from a member,, i had thought about buyin it ,,but it wasn't in my budget,,
    his name is fmc65,, can't find the add,, but he had a nice 3 window pickup,,
    cheers perry
    wylee
    wylee

Number of posts : 917
    Registration date : 2009-04-03

Post by wylee Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:06 am

welcome , great site here. the gang are a good bunch. they even let me rattle about dusters. lol keep checking this site, the gang is always looking/ spoting something

Post by Guest Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:01 pm

any luck findin one till now?
    cheers perry

Post by Guest Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:56 am

Hi there,

I'm one of the other members from holland. Last februari I bought a 63 econoline van from a guy in Utrecht. I believe Perry's Hotrods in Eindhoven has a Pick Up for sale. Check it out www.rodshop.nl

good luck with the search.

Ron.
    fmc56
    fmc56

Number of posts : 553
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Post by fmc56 Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:40 am

I have a 63 for sale. I have owned it since 1976. Originally it was owned by the US Navy. It's very solid with a few dents.
    new here and want to buy a '62 econo pick up... Dsc00611
    new here and want to buy a '62 econo pick up... Dsc00612
    Fred

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:54 am