VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

I need some help on a few projects...

kltcustoms
    kltcustoms

Number of posts : 199
    Registration date : 2008-07-07

I need some help on a few projects... Empty I need some help on a few projects...

Post by kltcustoms Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:22 am

Ok I have some problems that I can't seem to get a handle on.

First I am putting in a new throttle cable insted of the factory throttle linkage but I have never done anything like this before. I can't seem to find a lokar cable long enough. I bought a VW style cable that I was going to try to make fit but not sure if it will work.

Second I am installing power windows ( I don't have much choice the doors were empty when I bought the van ) I bought a set of universal P.W. kit from Dolphin and I need to cut to fit the door.

Anyone do anything that can help me out? I know its kinda hard to do much from the computer but I am getting real close to fireing and getting going. Thanks for the help!
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

I need some help on a few projects... Empty Re: I need some help on a few projects...

Post by G-Man Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:44 am

Call Lokar again they can get custom made cables. Billski did for his 200r4 swap
    kltcustoms
    kltcustoms

Number of posts : 199
    Registration date : 2008-07-07

I need some help on a few projects... Empty Re: I need some help on a few projects...

Post by kltcustoms Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:49 pm

Has anyone has installed a different throttle pedal and converted to a cable insted of the mechanical linkage?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:28 am