VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

66 Falcon Club Wagon - Glove Box, Bench Seat, Pop Windows, Tail Lights

Street Rod Jim
    Street Rod Jim

Number of posts : 5
    Registration date : 2024-06-02

66 Falcon Club Wagon - Glove Box, Bench Seat, Pop Windows, Tail Lights Empty 66 Falcon Club Wagon - Glove Box, Bench Seat, Pop Windows, Tail Lights

Post by Street Rod Jim Fri Jun 07, 2024 8:01 am

Hello,

I am starting a restoration on a 66 Falcon Club Wagon and have some questions.

1) On the pop out windows, is the hinge really a hinge that would move 180 degrees or just something that bends slightly since the window only needs 7 degrees of movement. I am wondering if mine are seized.

2)I am assuming a normal glove box is interchangeable with a padded one? I have a padded one and would like to use a non padded version. If they do match, then do I have to worry about which year when sourcing one?

3) I have 4 perfectly made ~1/2 inch holes in front of the doghouse on the floor. What was this for?

4) Were the taillight bulbs removable? I am assuming so and mine are seized in the socket. My service manual kind of makes it seem like you replace the whole housing.

5) To remove the front vent window handle off the frame, is it a small spline/pin that has to be pushed out? Looks like aftermarket versions are available.

6)I have sourced a middle bench seat that came with 3 brackets. Not sure if I am missing one bracket. I see the mounting areas in the floor, but I am not sure what type of T bolt or something would mount these together. Please let me know. A picture would help.

Thanks for the info as I start this venture. SRJ
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12226
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

66 Falcon Club Wagon - Glove Box, Bench Seat, Pop Windows, Tail Lights Empty Re: 66 Falcon Club Wagon - Glove Box, Bench Seat, Pop Windows, Tail Lights

Post by donivan65 Sat Jun 08, 2024 11:32 am

1st you got to see what you got,,,,,people change things over the years and use whatever they can find to make it work,,,,,,the vent handle probably has a little roll pin that needs to be knocked out to get handle off,,,,,,,,did you undo pop out window latch to see how far window does open?

66 Falcon Club Wagon - Glove Box, Bench Seat, Pop Windows, Tail Lights Dscn0930

66 Falcon Club Wagon - Glove Box, Bench Seat, Pop Windows, Tail Lights Dscn0931

66 Falcon Club Wagon - Glove Box, Bench Seat, Pop Windows, Tail Lights Dscn0932

66 Falcon Club Wagon - Glove Box, Bench Seat, Pop Windows, Tail Lights Dscn0933
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12226
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

66 Falcon Club Wagon - Glove Box, Bench Seat, Pop Windows, Tail Lights Empty Re: 66 Falcon Club Wagon - Glove Box, Bench Seat, Pop Windows, Tail Lights

Post by donivan65 Sat Jun 08, 2024 2:22 pm

Now for bulbs, you need to make sure they can be pushed in a little since they are spring loaded before you can twist them to unlock them, squirting WD 40 on them might help free them up as well as pulling on the back wires to free up the contacts......

66 Falcon Club Wagon - Glove Box, Bench Seat, Pop Windows, Tail Lights Dscn0934
    Street Rod Jim
    Street Rod Jim

Post by Street Rod Jim Fri Jun 14, 2024 7:20 pm

donivan65 wrote:1st you got to see what you got,,,,,people change things over the years and use whatever they can find to make it work,,,,,,the vent handle probably has a little roll pin that needs to be knocked out to get handle off,,,,,,,,did you undo pop out window latch to see how far window does open?

Excellent. I will look for a tool like this.
    Street Rod Jim
    Street Rod Jim

Post by Street Rod Jim Fri Jun 14, 2024 7:22 pm

donivan65 wrote:Now for bulbs, you need to make sure they can be pushed in a little since they are spring loaded before you can twist them to unlock them, squirting WD 40 on them might help free them up as well as pulling on the back wires to free up the contacts......

Thanks. I was ready to crack the glass of the bulb. I figured this was the case, but the manual threw me off and they were not coming out.
    Street Rod Jim
    Street Rod Jim

Post by Street Rod Jim Fri Jun 14, 2024 7:24 pm

So far it looks like we have a few taken care of.

1) I believe is called a spring hinge and really does not move much.

2, 3 & 6 I still need answers to.

The rest is taken care of.

Thanks, Jim
    jrdunn96
    jrdunn96

Number of posts : 691
    Registration date : 2016-01-01

Post by jrdunn96 Mon Jun 17, 2024 6:43 am

Street Rod Jim wrote:So far it looks like we have a few taken care of.

1) I believe is called a spring hinge and really does not move much.

2, 3 & 6 I still need answers to.

The rest is taken care of.

Thanks, Jim

Jim,
    I'll try my hand at those two. #3; There is REALLY no telling what the previous owner(s) may have bolted to the floor in front of the doghouse. #6; I currently have an EPUP instead of a van, so I am working from memory. I think there are 3 brackets on the bench seat and the fourth set of holes is for a different length seat.
    JM2C,
    Jim
    Street Rod Jim
    Street Rod Jim

Post by Street Rod Jim Mon Jun 17, 2024 8:27 am

jrdunn96 wrote:  I think there are 3 brackets on the bench seat and the fourth set of holes is for a different length seat.
    JM2C,
    Jim

Can you tell me what type of fastener was used to connect the bracket to the floor?

Thanks, Jim
    chrlsful
    chrlsful

Number of posts : 193
    Registration date : 2014-04-22

Post by chrlsful Mon Jun 17, 2024 4:21 pm

dog house holes R not for the lill chrome strip that covers the “entire rubber floor mat”? To secure/dress up that edge? Like @ doors/other areas?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jun 30, 2024 3:54 pm