VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

A108 disc brake conversion

rigatoni
    rigatoni

Number of posts : 34
    Registration date : 2011-03-09

A108 disc brake conversion Empty A108 disc brake conversion

Post by rigatoni Wed May 01, 2024 5:36 am

Hey guys!
    I’d like to see if anyone’s had experience with the scarebird stuff on the 108?
    Apparently scarebird is under new management, and when I contacted them about the PUP kit they said that it would work on the a108, but that they have heard that the sway bar interferes but could possibly be solved with a longer end link.  
    Does anyone have experience with this?
    Thanks guys
    kiwimopar
    kiwimopar

Number of posts : 745
    Registration date : 2010-01-23

A108 disc brake conversion Empty Re: A108 disc brake conversion

Post by kiwimopar Mon May 06, 2024 2:10 am

I have a Scarebird kit on my A100 - sorry I cannot say anything about the A108 - except to make sure you have a compatible axle for the swap.   The bigger axle is excluded from the conversion at this time.

I actually removed my sway bar as there was interference from something...can't remember what now.  But it was in the way when we converted to disc brakes.   I think it was the backing plate and routing for the lines and hoses.  Everything was getting very tight under there.

I had used the Moog arms from a Ford Explorer for the sway bar....but that won't help if you're converting your brakes also.

I think from memory - it was 5 years ago now, that I was getting a new sway bar made with an extra 2-3 inch drop on the eye ends for the links to connect to.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:22 pm