VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

Disc Brake Conversion

mark_karlsson

Number of posts : 1
    Registration date : 2010-12-19

Disc Brake Conversion Empty Disc Brake Conversion

Post by mark_karlsson Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:26 am

Hello,

I'm new to this forum. Very Happy

I'm going to put disc brakes on the front of my 1965 Dodge A100 Van. Scarebird Brakes makes brackets for this conversion but they list a 2200 and a 2500 lb. axle. I have 10x2.5 inch front brakes. How can I identify which axle I have when the ID plaque on the door threshold is unreadable? Is there an ID number on the axle somewhere?

Any help is appreciated! Smile

Thanks.

Mark Karlsson
    jkr
    jkr

Number of posts : 1148
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Disc Brake Conversion Empty Re: Disc Brake Conversion

Post by jkr Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:01 pm

the brakes are a factor as well. if you have 10 x 2.5 you no doubt have the light duty axle. there is a casting number on the axle though if you can make it out. if your van is slant 6 with a 3 speed i'll bet the smaller. with the bigger 11" brakes the bolt pattern to hold the backing plate on is slightly different.
    BADBADGER
    BADBADGER

Number of posts : 246
    Registration date : 2009-05-15

Disc Brake Conversion Empty welcome to the site

Post by BADBADGER Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:47 pm

Hi Karl

Welcome to the site. Lots of useful info and great contacts here. Lived in Napa for awhile myself and was Fleet manager for the City up to 4 years ago. Post some pics of your project when you can.

Post by Guest Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:51 pm

the brakes are a factor as well. if you have 10 x 2.5 you no doubt have the light duty axle. there is a casting number on the axle though if you can make it out. if your van is slant 6 with a 3 speed i'll bet the smaller. with the bigger 11" brakes the bolt pattern to hold the backing plate on is slightly different.

Many thanks for this info. I will jot this down on my Van Notes if you don't mind. Thanks again!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 11:45 am