VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

2nd Gen G-van headlight adjusters

MDVANMAN
    MDVANMAN

Number of posts : 44
    Registration date : 2019-05-11

2nd Gen G-van headlight adjusters Empty 2nd Gen G-van headlight adjusters

Post by MDVANMAN Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:57 am

Hello everyone! I have my van all wired for lights and the headlights look kinda wall-eyed when they come on. The source of the problem is the plastic adjuster things that are riveted to the inside of the headlight bucket. They're old and stripped out/cracked. I have new adjuster screws but they won't hold position in the old plastic female threaded things.

Anyone have a source for new/NOS/repop ones? Or does anyone have a part number or know what they are called?

Any help is much appreciated!
    13-ball
    13-ball

Number of posts : 87
    Registration date : 2020-07-23

2nd Gen G-van headlight adjusters Empty Re: 2nd Gen G-van headlight adjusters

Post by 13-ball Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:17 am

I'm not sure what the van ones look like.  But my Chevy truck of that era had the very same thing going on.

I got the ones like the 2nd photo.  But I think either style will fit the square hole.

Headlight adjuster kit.  Came with screws. plastic things and springs.

2nd Gen G-van headlight adjusters Chevy_10

2nd Gen G-van headlight adjusters Chevy_11
    MDVANMAN
    MDVANMAN

Number of posts : 44
    Registration date : 2019-05-11

Post by MDVANMAN Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:32 am

Thanks 13 ! That's like what came with my kit from LMC truck but on the van they looked like this:

https://www.lmctruck.com/1948-59-chevy-gmc/headlight/ca-1958-59-dual-headlights
    (item #4)

I may give these a try since they're so cheap.

Also got tipped off to National Parts Depot by someone on another forum and found this set:

https://www.npdlink.com/product/fastener-kit-head-light-adjusters-14-incl-adjuster-assemblies-rivets-and-springs-oe-correct-repro/214010?backurl=search%2Fproducts%3Fsearch_terms%3DC-2737-1AK%252B%26top_parent%3D0%26year%3D

Might try both...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 3:20 am