OK, don't tear me apart too much but here's what I'm doing to the Deluxe.
As previously noted this was a "Father-Son" project and they (previous owners) did some (according to them) great work getting the van road ready and ready for whatever comes next.
The Good (minor tweaking may be needed):
* The interior floor was properly patched, welding could use some finishing (grinding, smoothing out",
* Engine was rebuilt according to the previous owners and runs as it may have been;
* Shifts good, little loose but my experience with "3-On-Da-Tree" shifters, well that's how they all were eventually;
* All windows glass intact, clear, open, and close well.
* Brakes stop, feel strong.
* New rubber - four tires.
* New dog dish wheel covers and beauty rings
* Has the entire interior plastic, upper window moldings
* Two front seats (supposedly original) not in bad shape
* Has the Deluxe Side Trim (bright work) that looks great
* Bumpers look great, chrome is clear and shiny
The (not really bad) but in need of repair:
* Horn doesn't work
* Heater blocked off (too the core) so heat isn't engaging
* Interior (in my mind) needs to be finished, too loud inside with everything exposed
So; here's where I may get some comments, good or bad; I wanted to as quickly and costly (little as possible) get the interior looking a little better, sound deadening, etc. The following pics will show some of my work, and what I have accomplished so far.
Once done, hopefully, in the next few weeks the van will be going to our last of the season, the local Dave & Eds Swap Meet, Canfield Fair Grounds, Canfield, Ohio.
Comments and suggestions are always appreciated and welcomed.