VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

I need a short s shaped brake line from the master cylinder to the brake division block for a 66 g10

Camaro Addict
    Camaro Addict

Number of posts : 250
    Registration date : 2012-07-08

I need a short s shaped brake line from the master cylinder to the brake division block for a 66 g10 Empty I need a short s shaped brake line from the master cylinder to the brake division block for a 66 g10

Post by Camaro Addict Fri May 20, 2022 12:58 am

Does anyone have or know where to buy the short S shaped brake line that goes from the master cylinder to the division block for a 64-66. I haven't looked under my 69 to see if they are the same. I just bought a 66 chevy van that has sat almost 35 years and has no brakes and went to put the new master cylinder on her and the line at both ends bent and broke even with soaking with wd40 for a few days
    Scott
    Scott

Number of posts : 1651
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

I need a short s shaped brake line from the master cylinder to the brake division block for a 66 g10 Empty Re: I need a short s shaped brake line from the master cylinder to the brake division block for a 66 g10

Post by Scott Fri May 20, 2022 10:53 am

NAPA has a rack of them, I think Oreilly probably does too in the back. When I redid my brakes I took a measurement of the line length, and whatever size fittings needed to be on the ends, and matched them up at the store. Of course you will have to bend it yourself. You probably dont want an old line, brake lines corrode from the inside.

Camaro Addict likes this post

Camaro Addict
    Camaro Addict

I need a short s shaped brake line from the master cylinder to the brake division block for a 66 g10 Empty Re: I need a short s shaped brake line from the master cylinder to the brake division block for a 66 g10

Post by Camaro Addict Fri May 20, 2022 12:14 pm

Thank you Scott I know Napa had parts for my baby (69 gmc handivan) that nobody else carried . I bought my new master cylinder on ebay,my 66 chevy van I just got has sat since 1988 and has no brakes,she is complete but a project. I have to get her inspected at the chp on June 22nd and just in case they demand I drop the van off the trailer which has no winch since the trailer is used for construction usually. And finally went to an orielys a week ago for new trailer lugs and lugnuts, they were the only place that carried several sizes in stock
    gfleduc
    gfleduc

Number of posts : 367
    Registration date : 2015-09-19

Post by gfleduc Fri May 20, 2022 9:49 pm

FYI - Strait length = 8.5" - should be Ø 3/16" tubing with 3/8-24 fittings.
    There are tubing vendors such as https://classictube.com/brake/ that fabricates lines.

I have the strait lengths of all the lines if you need more (from parts book).
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12218
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Post by donivan65 Sat May 21, 2022 1:09 am

The end that goes into the block could be a 7/16-24.......

I need a short s shaped brake line from the master cylinder to the brake division block for a 66 g10 2840510
    Camaro Addict
    Camaro Addict

Post by Camaro Addict Sat May 21, 2022 7:54 pm

Thank you guys, donivan65 it is a 7/16 . I went to Orielys and they looked through everything they had and didn't have anything close. I am going to check and see if it's the same size on my 69 handivan . Nobody (thankfully) is parting a flat window or selling parts on ebay except pop-up windows that I me saw. One junkyard in Missouri or somewhere is parting a 67 g10. I don't frequent junk yards very 9ften but I'd not be happy seeing any 64-70 g10s there or any old vans for that matter be they an a100 or econoline
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Sat May 21, 2022 11:04 pm

That 69 is a dual system, so it may have a standard brake line,,,when we go from single line to dual line master cylinders, we use a universal braided hose that uses adapters to match fittings sizes,,,,,

I need a short s shaped brake line from the master cylinder to the brake division block for a 66 g10 Braide11
    Camaro Addict
    Camaro Addict

Post by Camaro Addict Sat May 21, 2022 11:35 pm

Thank you donivan65 , yup my 69 handivan has the dualsided master cylinder. I'm thoroughly looking online . I called the place jfleduc added the link to and they are closed weekends . I will call them on Monday and if I have to send them my old part I will ror look for one here in Cali close to Victorville, riverside ,n San Bernardino they may have a couple places.
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Sun May 22, 2022 2:51 pm

Other plans are to  get a 3/8 line and a  7/16 line and switch a fitting with a double flaring tool,,,,or just find a 3/8 female to 7/16 male adapter fitting to convert one end of that 3/8 brake line to fit the junction block...can you get the 2 fittings off your brake line to switch one to a new line?
    Camaro Addict
    Camaro Addict

Post by Camaro Addict Sun May 22, 2022 8:30 pm

It's 7/16 on both ends. I don't see why nobody doesn't reproduce them as soo many of the vans are still on the road and people do still restore them
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Sun May 22, 2022 8:58 pm

How about this?

I need a short s shaped brake line from the master cylinder to the brake division block for a 66 g10 Seven_10

gmytych likes this post

Camaro Addict
    Camaro Addict

Post by Camaro Addict Mon May 23, 2022 5:14 pm

Thank you very much donivan65. I think that will work. I contacted a hose place in Apple Valley about having one made, this part will make it easier if they don't already have it in stock I will buy it. I would love to start working on starting the van but don't want to until after I get her brakes working. I'm always worrying about the wrong things first. I want my solid rear doors and ralley rims before she runs,gets inspected or has brakes

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:48 am