VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

Wanting advice on parts

Bobby
    Bobby

Number of posts : 2
    Registration date : 2022-04-11

Wanting advice on parts Empty Wanting advice on parts

Post by Bobby Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:45 am

Hi to you all, I have just bought a 1965-66 A100 campervan sportsman the one with the silver flippy up roof. It has all its bits and pieces although a little tatty.  It runs and drives sweet enough on my land not been on a journey in it, she needs some love and attention so over the winter I intend to strip and re build it keeping it as original as possible and re spray. My question is  is there a go to place for parts you may require ? I live in West Yorkshire. Uk. Cheers Bob.

Number of posts : 445
    Registration date : 2016-10-18

Wanting advice on parts Empty Re: Wanting advice on parts

Post by 69 Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:08 am

Welcome & lots of fun with it. Great van, especially with the pop up top.

I live in Germany (A100 pickup) and I get my parts (technical) mostly from Rockauto. Sometimes you'll need some special parts, this forum is a great ressource finding proper stores.
    And sheet metal is basically made of unobtainium, so you'll need some knowledgable body-shop artist, best would be local to your area...
    Bobby
    Bobby

Number of posts : 2
    Registration date : 2022-04-11

Post by Bobby Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:32 am

Thanks for your reply , body wise it's quite good And luckily something I can easily sort , it's going to be all the bits that will inevitably disintegrate at the slightest touch! Rubbers, lights ( my little one touched one and it fell to dust as it was so brittle). I've noticed the push open window frames are done in and have been repaired really bad . I did a Chevy c20 couple of years ago imported parts from all over but so far not found one site for these vans that have a catalogue of parts ? I will when I learn how put up a few pics. Cheers again I will for sure look at rockauto.
    66CampWagon
    66CampWagon

Number of posts : 8
    Registration date : 2021-05-07

Post by 66CampWagon Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:58 am

Hi Bobby:
    I have the same van that I have been working on for the last few years, 66 with some 65 parts, metal pop top Travco. Some parts are still easy to get from the suppliers although they often are not exact. For example I just tried to buy flexible brake lines and none of them really worked. Ended up having them made to match old ones by a local brake and clutch shop.
    There are some UK owners on the FB groups too. Also a few people in the states that are cutting up old rusty ones for parts and they have just about everything for sale. Have fun and post some pictures!
    Mark

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 8:39 am