VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

Seeking parts/suggestions for '66 Chevy G10

memorymachinemiles
    memorymachinemiles

Number of posts : 2
    Registration date : 2021-04-09

Seeking parts/suggestions for '66 Chevy G10  Empty Seeking parts/suggestions for '66 Chevy G10

Post by memorymachinemiles Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:56 am

Hello new friends!

I'm Danielle, the new owner of a '66 Chevy g10 van and a novice when it comes to vehicles in general. Laughing

I'm looking for a couple of things, with the goal of keeping the aesthetic as original looking as possible. If anyone has suggestions as to where I might find these items or something that will fit, please let me know.

Here's a few photos of the van, fondly named Miles:

Seeking parts/suggestions for '66 Chevy G10  Miles_11

Seeking parts/suggestions for '66 Chevy G10  Miles_10

- Floor mats/mat: it looks like originally this was one piece? The interior is tan but I'd take most anything over what I currently have (which is nothing).
    Is there a floor mat for a different type of vehicle that would fit?

- The prev owner installed a Snap up Gas Cap on it. I like it and would like to keep it on the van, it's in good condition. However - the seal is quite run down on it and if you turn too quickly, gas comes out of the gas tank. I'm trying to locate an appropriately sized gasket to replace the existing cork gasket that is failing.
    Do you know someone who manufactures these or could create a custom one? Maybe something else that could be modified to do the job?

Here is a photo of the gas cap:

Seeking parts/suggestions for '66 Chevy G10  Snap_u10

- The little round piece that fits on the rear door handle is missing. You might describe it as the "button"... in this instance the handle doesn't need the button to open (you just turn it) but it's noticeable that it's MIA.

Here is a photo of the rear door handle:
    Seeking parts/suggestions for '66 Chevy G10  Rear_d10

Thank you!

REIGNSoner likes this post

gfleduc
    gfleduc

Number of posts : 367
    Registration date : 2015-09-19

Seeking parts/suggestions for '66 Chevy G10  Empty Re: Seeking parts/suggestions for '66 Chevy G10

Post by gfleduc Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:09 am

I saw the door handle bumpers & screw on Clark's Corvair Parts web sight.
    https://ssl.corvair.com/user-cgi/catalog.cgi?show_page=230

Like your name (same as my youngest sister).

memorymachinemiles likes this post

jrdunn96
    jrdunn96

Number of posts : 690
    Registration date : 2016-01-01

Seeking parts/suggestions for '66 Chevy G10  Empty Re: Seeking parts/suggestions for '66 Chevy G10

Post by jrdunn96 Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:04 am

Welcome to VV! I'm afraid I'm no help on the GM parts.

memorymachinemiles likes this post

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:42 am