VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

Another wrecking yard full of vans

lboast
    lboast

Number of posts : 112
    Registration date : 2020-11-01

Another wrecking yard full of vans Empty Another wrecking yard full of vans

Post by lboast Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:47 pm

I visited a wrecking yard today and found many parts for my A-108. It just opened for the year on March 1st. It is Howards Auto Wrecking in Underwood Washington. The two vans i was most interested in were the 1969 and 1966 Dodge A-108's, that had not been picked over very much. Lots of parts including a inside air conditioner, factory original radio including knobs, retracting side step tip out windows ( I scored two latches, there are still 4 left) I got the 69 arm rests that have the center relief for the plastic door molding, and the list goes on and on. I finally saw my first Goliath van. Howard said he got it from an estate and it is supposed to run. II saw a lot of Econoline vans a few Gm vans and that is just in the small section of the yard I was in. All he has is old vintage vehicles.
    I was like a kid in a candy store.
    If anyone likes I could attempt to upload some pictures i took. (I still haven't mastered the photo situation of this forum)

savage and gmytych like this post

Skid440
    Skid440

Number of posts : 22
    Registration date : 2014-10-04

Another wrecking yard full of vans Empty Re: Another wrecking yard full of vans

Post by Skid440 Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:27 pm

Thanks for the heads up, my girlfriend lives in Husum and I never knew about the wrecking yard. I need a few parts, turn signal assembly and an interior door panel. I will check it out too bad they are not open weekends.
    savage
    savage

Number of posts : 2625
    Registration date : 2008-05-15

Post by savage Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:09 am

Post pics if you can.
    Always like finding (and Seeing)Early Gold.

gmytych likes this post

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:43 pm